Seis

When Alessandra woke up during the next day, she didn't feel the stinging pain in her side anymore or shivers caused by fever. She knew things went bad. She felt guilty as her irresponsible behaviour put the crew in risk, though Sergio assured her it's not a problem for him. Thanks to Mr. Perez's efforts she had the best health care in the whole Mexico City, her own room and for the right amount of money nobody was asking about "men in suits" walking around the hall. Gianluca was keeping her company all the time, but still Alessandra was waiting for Carlos. She hoped the door will open any minute and Carlos will stand in a doorway. He'll reprimand her how stupid she was, but then own that he's glad she's okay now. Unfortunately, few days passed and Carlos didn't visit her even once. His absence hurt more than all the pain she knew. It seemed weird as Gianluca said he was the one to bring her to the hospital. The young mobster also told her how panicked Carlos was that evening. If he was too mad to talk to her, he could at least come here to say it. Gianluca claimed everything was fine, making excuses for Carlos. Nevertheless Alessandra started to worry. After what she's been through, losing Daniel and Nico, Alessandra wasn't sure if she knew how to be on her own. Once you'll know the taste of belonging, you'll never get enough. She knew deep down her place is next to Carlos, who on the other hand might have different opinion on that.

After a week Alessandra was allowed to leave the hospital in order to continue the healing process in more comfortable enviroment. Sergio called her through Gianluca phone, explaining that he won't be able to bring her home in person, but he'll send a car for her. She thanked him, though she was still confused with the caring side of Mr. Perez towards her. The drive to the mansion was rather quiet. Alessandra could feel weird tension in the air. She also noticed how Gianluca was clenching his fingers on the steering wheel as if he expected an attack any minute now. She decided not to disturb him and ask about it later. Once in her room she sat with relief on her bed. The sheets were changed and smelled like a meadow. "Do you need anything? Are you hungry or thristy?". Gianluca asked, while closing the door. "No, thank you". She smiled, glancing at the door leading to the bathroom. "Do you want me to search for Carlos?". Alessandra shook her head. She wanted to say yes, but she wasn't some princess that calls somebody to her room. "He's propably busy". She wanted to seem cool with it, though her voice betrayed her. Gianluca approached the bed and sat next to her. "Don't be mad at Carlos. I know it's frustrating, but you need to give him some space. He had some really hard time in his life. He had to leave Spain because of some misunderstanding between him and his father". Gianluca swallowed. "He's one of the best, but he payed a price for it. He doesn't open like most people". Alessandra nodded. The curious side of her wanted to ask more about Carlos' past, but she remembered that some other questions needed to be asked. "Is there something going on Gianluca?". She spoke. "What do you mean?". In his eyes she saw that he knew exactly what she was asking about. "There's almost nobody in the house. Sergio said he'll be busy. And that tension in the car. I could see sweat on your forehead". Gianluca sighned. "Wow, you're really perceptive". The young man scratch his cheek. "There's been attack on our warehouse outside the city". He explained. "Is it Maldonado?". Gianluca nodded. "He's heating the atmosphere up. Pastor loves the action and wants to provoke Sergio to pick up the fight".

"What happened between Sergio and Pastor that he wants to bring down the entire South so badly?". Their conversation was interrupted by the sound of running water behind the wall. Alessandra's heart started to beat faster. Not looking at Gianluca, she stood up and made a dive for a door handle. Carlos stopped dead in his tracks next to the sink as he didn't expect her to be home yet. Alessandra felt reliefed, seeing he's okay with her own eyes, but she was still annoyed with his actions. "Good morning, Alessandra". His voice was emotionless, eyes cold. "That's it? That's all you have to say to me?". She asked as she couldn't believe how he went from caring man to cold bastard. "What should I say more?". He asked calmly. "Apologize, for example. I was waiting for you for days. I thought something happened to you". Alessandra raised her voice, observing how he's wipping his hands dry. "I was busy. World didn't stop just because you were sick. I'm not your private servant to accompany you everywhere you go. And besides, I heard you had Gianluca by your side. I'm sure he took good care of you". His words were like sharp blades that went through her body. She hated that version of Carlos. "Is that all? Sergio is waiting for me and the others at the warehouse". Alessandra without a word turned around to get back to her room. "Alessandra". Her heart skipped a bit when he stopped her. She looked at him over her shoulder, hoping for a small change, but still she was met with this cold man. "Don't leave your room". He ordered, before shutting the door of his own. This time he twisted the key in them which was like a final stab to the heart. Shattered to pieces she came back to her room, lying on her healthy side on the bed. Gianluca didn't hide he heard everything. He was smart enough to leave her alone. Alessandra hugged her face to the pillow, letting some tears escape her eyes. When she thought she has lost all her tears, Carlos made sure to squeeze some more from her.