Trece

WARNINGS: violence, wounds, blood

The tires scratched the surface of the driveway when Gianluca braked sharply in front of the mansion. It was getting dark as the sun was slowly hiding behind the horizon, but even without sunlight she could see chaos happening before them. People were either running around in panic or screaming in pain. Black vehicles were pulled over in random places, hurt members of the crew simply falling out from them to the ground. Carlos and Gianluca were quick to jump out of the car to help those who got injured, while Alessandra stayed in the backseat. She was frozen, fear paralyzed her body completely. After what she and Carlos found in the place of meeting with Mr. Correa it became obvious that Pastor found out about South's plans regarding his allies. So when Sergio along with others drove to see Mr. Samaia they didn't know they going straight into an ambush. Carlos tried to call Sergio to tell him they should immediately come back home, but The Mexican already turned off his phone. It was already too late to warn them. Alessandra felt as if she was reliving her nightmare all over again. She wasn't ready for another war, another slaughter of people she grew to care about. The moment she thought about loosing someone again her heart skipped a beat at the sight of Enzo dragging his wounded older brother across the driveway to the main entrance. Young Fittipaldi was calling for help, but nobody seemed to hear or see him. Alessandra realised that if she stays hidden now, Pietro might be lost forever.

The combined smell of blood, lead and oil filled her nostrills once she got out of the car on her own. She rushed in Enzo's direction between vehicles, sliding through spaces among opened doors. The seats in other cars were stained with blood and had some wholes in them as well as windows and some parts of coachwork. Nevertheless Alessandra's eyes stayed focused on Enzo and Pietro as if she tried to help her own brothers. All of the sudden something grabbed her forearm, pulling her to the side. The air hitched in her throat. She was ready to reach for her gun before she saw it was Sergio's hand who caught her. Her lips parted as he was half lying at the backseat, his other hand trying to stop the bleeding from his wound in his abdomen. The Mexican parted his lips, but some droplets of blood spilled from them along with disturbing growling. "Don't try to speak. You're going to be fine, I promise". Alessandra put her palms over his wound and put some pressure on it, while Sergio was getting weaker with every minute. "Carlos! Anybody! I found Sergio! Please, help!". She screamed, raising her head above the car hoping someone could hear her. She breathed out with relief when she noticed Carlos running in her direction with two other mobsters following him. "He needs help". She stated the obvious once Carlos looked inside at his boss. Carlos said something in Spanish to both man that came with him, then he pushed Alessandra aside to get to Sergio. She watched how with their strenghts combined they pulled Sergio out of the vehicle. The man yelled and whimpered in pain as they started to carry him towards the main entrance. Alessandra was right behind them somehow feeling responsible for bringing the man in charge home safely. But when Alessandra crossed the threshold of the mansion she suddenly remembered where she was truly heading. She immediately ran up to Carlos who passed now unconscious Sergio to another crew member. "Pietro. Enzo. Someone should help Enzo. He was dragging Pietro through the driveway...". Alessandra was mumbling in the state of shock, while digging her nails into Carlos' arm. "Both Fittipaldi brothers are now in the infirmary downstairs". Carlos assured her taking her bloody hands into his and squeezing them slightly. "You promise?". She asked with her voice breaking. "I promise. But, amore, I have to go now. They need someone in charge". Carlos hated to say that to her in such moment, especially when she saw how scared she was. He was sure that horrible memories from New York were now living free again in her mind. He'd rather take her into his arms and hide somewhere quiet until the storm will be over. "Go". She nodded, letting go of him first. "Stay here and don't do anything stupid. Go to my room and wait till I'll come back". Carlos asked taking few steps backwards. "Just go. I'll be fine". She forced herself to sound strong, but of them knew she was about to fall apart after what she saw. The Spaniard took the last look at her, his heart shattering into pieces when he turned around and left the main hall.