Six

This part is written by me.

{Time stands still,

Beauty in all she is

I will be brave

I will not let anything 

..take away,

what's standing in front of me

Every breath

Every hour has come to this}

Jordan was shocked about the fact the real party wasn’t going to start until the afternoon. Or, at least, he called it a party. If something was in Ambers hands, even if it wasn’t completely but partly in her hands, nothing would be usual. There would probably be lots of activity, and she might even sing. Not that he mind if she would. Not at all, he thought Amber had the most beautiful voice ever. He always imagined his future as ‘the best friend from the amazing hit-sensation Amber Ruby Forton’. But then again, he didn’t want to be in the spotlight, unlike her. It was like she took all the spotlight possible. She knew he didn’t like it, so she probably took his too. Jordan smiled and wondered which song she would sing. Probably a long song – it would be too bad if she didn’t get a lot attention – or perhaps more than one song. Only thinking it might happen, Jordan felt his blood push faster through his veins. He didn’t know what it was about Amber, but some way she was the only person in the world that could ever make him happy. In that moment, it was like all the dark moments from the whole week disappeared, and the place it left empty was already filling with bright moments, bright feelings... ‘You’re the best Amber,’ he thought, thinking that somehow she would actually get his message. That somehow they were so close they could read each other’s minds or something. Not that that would ever happen of course, but it was a nice thought...

It didn’t really matter how his birthday would look like, if Amber were there to cheer him up, everything would end up fine. Even though, it wasn’t always handy if Jordan got amazing birthday-parties... that meant that Amber, who’s birthday was a week after his, had to get an even more awesome party. She too would probably be fine because he organized it with all the love in his entire body, but it was always some sort of a competition he had to win... yet he always lost. Losing the birthday-party-competition wasn’t a wonder though, because it was Amber Forton he was competing with. No way he could ever beat her in throwing a party. He wasn’t that enthusiastic or cheering as his best friend. Jordan was happy with himself, but he had always envied the kind of person Amber was. Not a bone in his entire body was thinking of ever sharing that secret. It was the only secret he never shared with her, and if he did, it would or caress her ego even more or made her feel sorry. Neither of that was a good plan, or at least that’s what Jordan always kept in mind.

Jordan shook his head. Living in thoughts was one of the many things Amber and Jordan had in comment. Sometimes they just sit next to each other, day-dreaming and not telling each other anything. It must be a weird thing for strangers to see, but for them and everyone who know them, it was a daily and normal activity. If it’s called an activity. ‘Probably,’ the boy thought, ‘what other would it be?’ Jordan facepalmed himself. How was it possible that he lost himself in thoughts again?! He sparred his eyes, trying to stay focused as he listened what Amber had still left to say.

Jordan grinned right after she finished speaking. “Don’t you ever dare lying to me Amber Ruby Forton! I know you’re a deer and there’s no way you could ever go in a discussion with me about that.” He frowned, trying to come over as a serious and mad person, realizing it would probably look nothing like that, but would made her laugh about it. When she grabbed his hand and talked about ice cream, it brought him back to the day they met... Young Jordan was standing all alone in the rain, crying, when a little girl ran to him and asked him if he wanted some ice cream. Amber was still the same girl she was back then: a happy, cheerful, ice-cream-loving girl. And that’s the way he liked her. For outsiders it might be strange she always ate ice cream, even when it was freezing outside, but for him it was just... Amber.

“Yayyyy, ice cream, let’s go!” Jordan yelled enthusiastically as a little kid. When he was younger, he would’ve described ice cream as an usual dessert, but now he had taken over her extreme passion for it – and fanboyed over it. “Wait,” he thought loudly, “is fanboyed a word?” It would’ve made perfect sense for him if it was, since fangirled was a word as well... He laughed silently because of his own randomness and started walking toward the ice cream shop, supposing that Amber would probably follow him.