Twenty-two

This part is written by me.

{He's from a different strain

that science can't explain.

I guess, that's how he's made

in his D-D-DNA}

Esmeralda smirked after Jordan stopped kissing her. Jordan suspected that, even though they’d just met, Esmeralda had feelings for him... He felt like she was falling in love with him. That was yet another reason why Jordan wanted to lock her up as well, but looking at it, she was the only lovely company he had at the moment. And besides, she could teach him a lot about this world of demons. “Hey, where are you going?” Esmeralda yelled at Amber, who was walking away very slowly. Esmeralda walked to Amber and pushed her forward. “Esmé. Don’t... hurt her.” Jordan warned Esmeralda. He had a feeling she would want to kill Amber, and he didn’t want her dead. Not only because he wanted her to suffer, but also because he loved her. Even though he would always deny the second thing. Esmeralda smirked at Jordan. “What if I do?” Her eyes had an evil glance, which told Jordan that she wasn’t lying. Jordan walked up to them and grabbed Esmeralda, getting her away from Amber. To Amber it would be no new thing, she knew that even though it didn’t look like it, Jordan could easily drag a body. Jordan walked in one of the two cages and put the handcuffs, that were in the cage as extra protection around Esmeralda’s feet and legs. “What are you doing?!” the woman yelled as he walked to the wall, grabbing the key. Jordan walked back to her cage and locked it, so she wouldn’t get out of it. He looked at Amber, who would probably be confused or scared. “C’mon, it’s just for a picture,” he smiled and dragged Amber to the other cage, doing the same thing with her arms and legs. “And now,” he smirked, “you can talk to each other all day... see you tomorrow.” and he started to walk out of the cages. “And oh,” he said, turning around, “I’ve read enough books. Nobody can hear you and you can’t use any powers over here. Goodnight girls!” His footsteps echoed through the cages as he walked out of the basement. He locked the basement’s door and gave himself a routine trough his house.

The door of the basement was the first door you saw as you walked through the house, starting at the front door. Next to the door, were the stairs. As Jordan walked upstairs, he noticed this castle was renovated not long ago. When you got upstairs, the room which door faced you was the bathroom. There was a bath in the left corner and between the bath and the other left corner was a shower. At the right were a mirror and a closet. In front of Jordan, there were two windows. As he looked through them, Jordan could notice the left one showed you the demon-dimension and the right one the human one. In the middle of the windows was a toilet. There were some other things in the bathroom as well, things that needed to be there, to fill up other space. Jordan smiled and looked around him, taking another glance at the bathroom before leaving it. He turned right and continued walking. The first door on his right was a bedroom for two persons. The double bed was placed in the middle of the wall in front of him. The writing desk was placed against the left wall and on his right were, just like in the bathroom, two windows: one for the human-dimension and one for the demon-dimension. There were some little things left in the bedroom such as a clock, a bedside table... Jordan walked out of the room, without giving it another glanced. The door in front of him gave him access to an empty dresser and when he walked out of the dressing room and turned left, there was a door to stairs, so to the attic. As he walked up, he noticed even these stairs didn’t creak. Except a little girl that was tied up on a chair in the middle of the attic, there was nothing to find there.

Jordan walked to the girl and released the tape from her mouth, being impressed she didn’t cry while doing this. “Who did this to you?” he asked, feeling the angel in him raise. “A red haired woman. Even though she already had grey hairs... She’s around the age of fifty, I suppose...” Jordan growled. He forgot about Esmeralda’s mother. She could visit the house any minute, if she already hadn't. “Why?” The little girl looked at him. “Because I’m a hungon. You know... You’ve got angons, the creatures that come out demon and angels and then there are creatures like me... My mother was an angon, my father a human... There’s an angon here as well, but he can make himself invisible. He can only be seen when you know his secret...” Jordan smiled and looked around the attic once more. There he was, a six year old boy, sitting in the left corner of the room. Jordan walked to him. “Hey boy,” he smiled,“look, I know you’re scared... I would be too, but we’re more powerful than anyone. I don’t know about her,” Jordan pointed at the little girl and continued, “but you can fight that witch. Your power is to get invisible, right? You think that those who know about it, can see you, but you decide it. Try it on me. Just tell yourself you don’t want me to see you.” The boy nodded and closed his eyes, probably doing what Jordan asked and slowly disappeared. “That’s it,” Jordan smiled, “now tell yourself I can.” The boy appeared again, a smile on his face. “C-Can I do this with her too?” Jordan nodded, “Yes.” The little boy in front of Jordan smiled even more now. “Thanks,” he whispered shyly. “Now,” Jordan continued, “here’s what you’re going to do. You hold me this entire time, okay? I hope that what I read in books was true, that I’ll get invisible too. You hide from her and when she comes back, I’ll burn her. Got my special hands for that. Okay?” The boy nodded. Jordan dragged the chair to the other corner of the room and untied the boy’s hands, who immediately grabbed Jordan’s hand with his right hand. At that moment, Jordan felt how some kind of invisible shield appeared around him. He only hoped that, now he put his trust in those two children, he wouldn’t be betrayed by them. There was no other way except trusting them to defeat the woman, so he only hoped this way would work.