Fourteen

This part is written by me.

{Time stands still,

Beauty in all she is

I will be brave

I will not let anything 

..take away,

what's standing in front of me

Every breath

Every hour has come to this}

Birthdays are one of the only events a lot of people seem to care about you. People that only give you a smile or give you nothing at all, post a ‘Happy Birthday’ on your facebook, text you... Only on your birthday, people that usually don’t talk to you, talk to you. That’s the thing Jordan loved the most about birthdays. Normally, he was always hanging around with Amber. Sometimes they spend time with other friends, but mostly it was only the two of them. If you said Jordan, people would immediately say Amber and the other way around. A lot of people even consider them a couple. Even though Jordan always denies they are, he does have feelings for her. He does want to kiss her softly, kiss her passionately, to tell her his true feelings... But when it comes down to doing that, Jordan gets afraid easily. He thinks he’d ruin their friendship and after all, there was never a right time. That’s it with those things, there is never a right time for them. Jordan knows that there will never be a right time, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t use it as an excuse for not telling her anything about this love he felt toward her.

Just as Jordan wanted to start a video which was specially made for his birthday, Amber walked into his room. Jordan wondered if Amber could ever walk in a room silently. She always did or say something so you would know she’s there. But then again, Amber was nothing like Jordan. She loved being in the spotlight, being noticed by everyone, while Jordan didn’t. Amber had, which wasn’t a big surprise either, an ice cream in her hand. Jordan smiled at Amber’s commentary on his room. After that, she decided for him that he was exciting for his birthday. “Yeah, pretty exciting,” he whispered, not wanting to disappoint her. The truth was that he wasn’t excited at all, he was rather scared for what today was going to bring. It was not really because it was his birthday, but because of the weird feelings and dreams lately... The thing is that on his birthday party, Amber would arrange all kind of things in secret, so she wouldn’t be with him all the time. Since she was the only person that could make sure he wouldn’t turn all badass, not being with Amber might cause some problems... ‘If only the dream stayed a dream,’ Jordan thought, turning around.

“So, deer Amber, what have you planned for today? A whole singing marathon, a jumping out of the cake, a making me ashamed-action or what? Oh, and if I get a heart attack or a broken leg, you’ll pay the hospital. Get it?” Jordan looked seriously at her for a few minutes, but then started laughing. He got of his chair and flew in her arms, accidently getting her ice cream all over the floor. “Sjeez,” he muttered, “can’t the clumsiness just give me a day off, like one day? Because it’s my birthday.” Jordan sighed and bend down. He put his hand in the ice cream. “You wearing your outfit alrea- nevermind.” He put his hand, that was covered in a lot of ice cream, on her face and moved it a couple of times. “I really hope you didn’t,” he whispered, while giving her a small laugh. Before she could give him some payback, which meant doing the same to him, he ran downstairs. “Suuuuuuuuuuuus,” he called while running downstairs. His little sister came running to him. “Yesss?” she twisted around him, giving a strange look at his hand. “Can you go to my room with something to clean up? You know Amber, always clumpsy: she accidently dropped her Ice cream...” He gave his sister a little smile, before he continued talking. “Sorry by the way, but I got to go to the bathroom really badly. I’ll help you with something later. Love you.” Acting the way he always acted when he was afraid of people’s reacting, he ran away before she could react.

While hanging around in the bathroom, because he didn’t actually needed to be there, Jordan started feeling sad for his sister. The little six year old girl was probably attacked by Amber and started crying... Amber would’ve comforted her back again, and they’d seek revenge on Jordan. “Oh damn,” Jordan hissed, only realizing now that as soon as he’d be face to face with Amber and Suzy, he’d be attacked. The only thing there was left to do, was texting Amber, while locking himself up in the bathroom.

To: Amber Ruby Forton:

hiiiiii deer Amber. See the little word game I did there? Anyways, whenever I get out of the bathroom, can you like... not attack me? I was planning to go with you somewhere nice... I know, I know, it’s my birthday. But pleeeeeeeeeeeease, let me. Love you so much Ambie-bambie (jk, or not...) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx desperate Jordan 

“That will do it,” Jordan whispered to himself as he waited for an answer of Amber to come. He knew that she could lie and say she wouldn’t, but even with this Jordan trusted her. And besides, Jordan wasn’t lying, he wanted to take Amber to a place he’d discovered in his dreams a few days ago. It’s the garden of some rich guy in the neighborhood. If you asked Jordan, it had a beautiful view and it would be the perfect place to tell Amber how he felt about him... If he dared. Because it was his birthday, the owner of the house allowed him to visit the garden and do whatever he needed to do to impress ‘his future girl’. “If only it turns out this way...” Jordan bit his lip and kept looking at his cellphone, waiting for Ambers answer.