Eleven

This part is written by ShadowOfAGirl

{The day we met,

Frozen I held my breath

Right from the start

I knew that I'd found a home for my heart

..beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave?

How can I love when I'm afraid?}

The next morning, Amber was awake early and it wasn't even her birthday. Still, she was strolling around the house in her pyjamas, her auburn hair was a mess and her slight makeup she wore was smudged slightly as she wandered around the kitchen downstairs. Her mother handed her some toast as she took it with a light smile. The girl giggled as she took a bit and then headed back upstairs with a small skip in her step when she stopped on the landing. There was three doors in front of her, and the girl wasn't quite sure what to do first. Should she shower and do her hair, or sort out her clothes she was going to wear or what? Amber wasn't quite sure. Muttering something under her breath, the girl headed to the bathroom and closed the door behind her. Sunlight streamed in through the small window in the room as the girl let a small soft smile spread across her lips, it was a perfect day for his birthday really and rightly, so it should be. He was sixteen after all and he should enjoy it whilst he could, it was only once you turned sixteen and Amber wanted him to enjoy it as much as possible. Making sure she had locked the bathroom door, the girl stipped down and headed into the shower. As she showered, for the whole time she was thinking about what she could possibly wear. She didn't want to wear something that would show off to much skin, after all that wasn't something she agreed with all that much and she didn't exactly want to make herself look like some kind of cheap whore. Yet at the same time she didn't want to fully cover herself and wear something which hid all of her body pretty much. That was the one thing she was stuck on.

Around about half an hour later, Amber was standing in her bedroom with a towel wrapped around her slim figure, her hair dripping wet onto her purple carpet floor as she looked at the clothes in her wardrobe. Her blue eyes took everything in carefully, her lips were in a sort of pout as she gently lifted a hand up, though made sure the other one was still holding the two ends of the towel to keep it around her, as she flicked through her clothes. "Yes! That will do" The girl smiled and pulled out a dress that was short, though not over the top short. Letting the doors on her wardrobe close, Amber moved to stand in front of her mirror as she set about drying her hair. Some music was playing from the radio in her room as she sang along quietly, in a mood as happy as ever as she continued to get ready. 

Her room was a rather nice room to say the least, with purple and white walls it was large and airy, a white double bed with purple sheets was up against the wall on the far end of the room and close to it was some double doors which led out onto a balcony Amber would often go on and look outside from. It overlooked all the fields around where she lived and also you could see the sea which wasn't to far away as well, it was a proper holiday type scene from her balcony and window alike. A white desk was situated next to a mirror that was on the wall on the right side of the room and her wardrobe was on the left side, of course like everything it was white. There didn't seem to be a spot of black or any other dark colour for that matter in her room, Amber wasn't one for liking anything dark and so made sure she let everyone know that by her room and her clothes. After all she even had quite a few fluffy unicorn toys on her bed as well which just added to the magical look and feel of it. Her room had only ever been redecorated once in her life when she had changed and taken the pink out of her room and changed it to purple, though even then it still looked very girly and Amber was proud of that. She had kept her room pretty tidy and in nice order as well, nothing was chucked around and everything seemed to have it's place in this room. 

Turning the hair dryer off, Amber brushed her hair and gave a sort nod, the rest could dry on it's own, so it had a slight wave to it as she liked. Moving back over to the bed, Amber sat down and got dressed, making sure everything fitted and she looked okay, the girl decided against wearing any makeup today, after all she wasn't out to impress anyone that was for sure, well she kind of was, but she already knew Jordan accepted her for who she was and she didn't feel the need to wear any makeup around him, there was nothing she wanted to hide from him and she didn't feel the need to as well. The girl turned her radio off as she walked out the bedroom with a small smile and back down the stairs where her parents were just tidying the kitchen up."Right, well, we'll see you later Amber. Try not to annoy him to much, give him a break on his birthday" Her dad teased and Amber rolled her eyes with a small laugh "Hey! I'm not that annoying and anyway, I'm sure he would of told me by now if I was" The girl laughed and then moved to head for the front door quietly, her sandals she were wearing made next to no sound on the floor despite the fact they had a slight heel, which was daring for Amber, but she had decided that just for once, it wouldn't hurt. 

Now that Amber thought about it, she couldn't believe just how far they had come, both of them together. Since the day they had met to now, they had always stuck by each other and Amber couldn't imagine it any other way. He had always been there for her and she had always been there for him, between bullies and arguments with other people, the two of them had never fallen out, ever. Amber thought it was practically impossible for them both to fall out, there was nothing really that they disagreed on, and if they did then they respected each others opinions. Yet, the girl didn't know exactly why this was, yet she felt slightly..odd and for once, it wasn't in a good way. It certainly wasn't in the feeling ill kind of way either, it was just more a gut instinct telling her to get away from the door and to back off and go back into the kitchen. Amber didn't know why this was, though it felt like something was pulling her away from the outside world, trying to keep her inside and in the safety of her own home. Yet Jordan's house was like her second home, that was just as safe as here was in her eyes. So what exactly should be different about it now? Shaking her head and letting the thoughts go out of her mind, Amber waved to her parents before she headed towards the front door, pulling it open and looking at the outside world. Once again that happy smile came onto her lips as she headed outside and breathed in the air, everything was going to be okay, she was sure of it, it was just her excitement..right? Nothing was going to change, it was just a birthday party like all the rest, yes...it was just a birthday party..just another day...another year. Same old life. If only.