Thirty-one

This part is written by ShadowOfAGirl

{My time on the outside is over

We don’t know how you’re spending

All of your days

Knowing that love isn’t here

You see the pictures

But you don’t know their names

Cause love isn’t here

And I can’t do this by myself

All of these problems, they’re all in your head

And I can’t be somebody else

You took something perfect

And painted it red}

So, that was how Elijah ended up explaining the whole situation to a wary Amber. The whole time she was reading his emotions, making sure he was plotting something behind her back, making sure he wasn't going to turn on her and hurt her. All the time she was making sure he was staying calm and relaxed, as long as those emotions were there, she was a little more calm herself though not completely. She couldn't relax in this place knowing that there was a big chance she might be dying in here. The female was still shivering the whole time he spoke and so in the end, Elijah offered her his hoodie, which she took without a second thought. Amber was so cold, she was willing to take anything and as it was he had other layers underneath him to keep him warm luckily. Yet even her wings weren't doing the job any longer, they were becoming cold themselves and Amber had given up relying on them for warmth. In the light, she could see the demon next door to her, slowly dying, and whilst it struck some pity in her, Elijah warned her not to do anything about it. For demons wouldn't be grateful for it, not ones like her anyway and so Amber just nodded it off and tried to ignored the horrible emotions coming from her. At least slowly the angel had calmed down a little bit thanks to light that Elijah had brought in, at least she could see around her now and everything looked better than it had before. 

Yet, as Elijah spoke, Amber found herself drifting away from the worries she was feeling after the male angel told her what he had done. Well, it shocked her completely. Amber was lost for words after he said it. "He...he killed his..family?"She repeated and Elijah sighed with a nod "As far as your family know...you were in the fire as well." He told her in a quiet manner and the angel shook her head. "But..but I'm not dead. They can't know that. I'm still alive, still here.." She bit her lip and fought back tears which threatened to run down her cheek. "I'm sorry Amber. But you're not human any more. We're not meant to be on Earth. You can't go back...trust me. It's better this way" Yet Amber didn't want to hear it. She didn't want to stay here away from her family, even if they weren't her real parents, they'd brought her up for sixteen years almost, they loved her and she loved them. She'd also loved Jordan's family and that tore at her as well, how could he so heartlessly just kill them? His sisters, mother, father...Amber just didn't know how he could do it. It was then she decided there must be something seriously wrong with him to of done that and, she was sure she couldn't trust him again. If he could kill them just like that, then he could kill her also without a second thought. Yet she wasn't going to break down to him, instead, if she could than she would ignore him. He wasn't worth her tears or her cries for help and freedom. She wanted nothing from him and was going to make that as clear as possible. Angel or not, she didn't have to feel any pity for him, after all he wasn't an angel, he had a choice, he hadn't chosen the right one and now. Now he was going to have to live with it.

Which was why, when the basement door opened, Amber gave a very quick glance to her right and as soon as she saw Jordan, turned her back to the front of the cage and instead focused on looking back at Elijah as he shot her a questioning look. The angel folded her wings up, ignoring the slight crack they made from where they hadn't been moved much in the space of the past half an hour or so. She had no idea what time of day it was, or night in that case, yet she didn't feel tired. She was to cold and hungry to want to sleep right now. Hearing what went on nextdoor, Amber's eyes widened a little bit, but she bit her lip and forced herself not to say anything. Whatever went on there, wasn't her problem. Even though she did feel sorry for Esmeralda, after all, she was only doing what she had been told and been brought up to do and yet he was treating her like that. As for slapping her which yes, Amber had heard, in fact she was sure Elijah had as well as he frowned a little, Amber had never been so disgusted in her life. She didn't care what the female demon was going to do to her, she didn't care, she shouldn't have to be treated like that yet the angel couldn't find her voice to speak up against it. As somewhere there, she still had the fear of Jordan and she didn't want to say anything to him encase he did the same to her. 

As she heard him next walk in behind her, Amber glanced over her shoulder at him, the fear in her rising up a little bit, but she forced herself to stay standing where she was. Elijah stood up himself though said and did nothing, he just watched as the angel tensed up against him, she didn't stop him, but at the same time she didn't welcome what he did. Not at all. She was supposed to feel something for him, yet there was nothing there, just hate and a lack of trust. For when he picked her up, Amber wouldn't of been surprised if he dropped her or something, in fact she was waiting for it and almost braced herself for the fall. Hearing what he said as they walked into the kitchen, Amber moved out of his grip and stood up, pulling the hoodie around her more as she shook her head at him. Before she could even reply, he had gone. He was asking her to do something yet what was he giving her in return? Another promise he was going to torture her, but oh...that should be fine, as he said he wasn't going to kill her. Of course, what did he expect? Her to be grateful for it? No way. Elijah soon enough appeared in the kitchen and looked at the angel as she stood staring straight at the door he had walked out of without moving or saying anything. "Amber..?" He muttered softly as he saw a tear run down her cheek, he went to wipe it away but she threw her arms around him and sobbed into his chest before he could even react. Sighing, he wrapped his arms around her in a comforting way. "I just want to go back to how we used to be..I want to go back a week before this all happened.." She sobbed.