Twenty-nine

This part is written by ShadowOfAGirl. The new character in this chapter (Elijah) is shown on the side.

{When I said I could move on and go

You said I'm weak and it shows

I couldn't go on without you

Now I'm sitting in this house alone

Wondering why I left home

And I'm hoping that you know that

'Til now, I always got by on my own

I never really cared until I met you

And now it chills me to the bone

How do I get you alone?}

Amber was sure it was getting colder down here, she was shivering again and her teeth were practically chattering as she wrapped her wings around herself, trying to keep herself warm and as much heat in her body as possible. Luckily they were working slightly though it wasn't completely great. As she breathed out, it come out in a cloud of mist which proved just how cold down there it really was, it must of been minus nine or ten degrees down there, maybe even more. Considering Amber was only in a dress as well, that wasn't helping at all, it was thin and was meant to keep her as cool as possible int he summer. It wasn't made for keeping the heat in with a cold place like this. As it was, she couldn't feel her toes or fingers any more and her whole body was starting to hurt and ache from lack of movement and the cold combined. If she ever saw Jordan again, well...she'd make sure she let him know what she now thought of him. Did he really want to kill her that much he was going to do it in one of the slowest and most painful ways? Was he just going to let her freeze to death down here. Amber wasn't sure but she was fearing the worst, as it must of been a whole day by now that she'd spent down here. It had gotten colder as the night had come about and it had gotten pitch black down where she was. She couldn't see in front of her or around her at all and that also was scaring her, yet she was so cold that she couldn't react to the fear that was running through her body. Yet every noise that was made, she would partly jump and look around, blue eyes wide and afraid. She didn't like the dark, he knew that. Right now, she wasn't sure if her life could get any worse. She was cold, hungry, afraid and worst of all...with the dark around her she felt completely alone.

Though, as a faint light appeared, Amber narrowed her eyes a little bit as she watched something...no wait, someone, get closer to her. At first she thought it was Jordan and she was going to back away without even casting him a glance or giving him any attention. Though, it wasn't Jordan, as the angel moved to the front of her cage, watching as the light got closer and within a few seconds it was clear who it was. An angel was looking straight at her, his hazel eyes watched her curiously for a moment before a small smile spread across his lips. Just like that, right in front of her eyes, he walked through the bars, still holding the light, so she could see around her. "You're Ruby, right?" He asked with still the same friendly smile on her face and Amber shook her head. "I'm..er, Amber." She told him a little bluntly and he chuckled "Yeah same thing" he told her and moved the lamp a little to see her hands and ankles in handcuffs. "Surprised you didn't break those.." the male angel muttered as he moved to break them for her with an easy pull. Amber's eyes widened and she moved back a little bit with slightly worried eyes, if he was that strong who knew what else he could do? After all she didn't trust him that was for sure. "I'm Elijah.. and er, I'm not going to hurt you. We're the same, well I'm not a girl...but I'm an angel, like you" he chuckled at himself and Amber raised an eyebrow in question. "Angel? So I am one of those..." the female frowned a little as he nodded. "I saw you were afraid, I can't get you out of here, though I thought you could use some company for now..and an explanation" he sat down on the bench at the back of the cage and gestured for her to sit as well though she refused and still kept her distance from him. Elijah sighed "Oh Amber...what has he done to you?" he looked up at the girl who watched him closely, keeping her guard up and trying to be brave yet at the same time he could see a scared little girl underneath that who just wanted someone to tell her everything was going to be okay and to offer her some comfort.