Twenty-six

This part is written by me. The new angel-woman-person is played by Amanda Seyfried, picture on the side.

{He's from a different strain

that science can't explain.

I guess, that's how he's made

in his D-D-DNA}

Jordan stared at the girl in disbelief. Vampires didn’t exist, did they? Jordan had always thought it was just a fantasy. Even though, he knew fantasies came from reality... but honestly, vampires? And even unvampires, what was that supposed to mean, vampires that give blood or something?! Jordan shook his head several times. Ever since the beginning of his sixteenth birthday, which he almost forgot about, his life had gone confusing. “I’m Angoria,” the little unvampire said, “It’s just an invented name, I guess, you can call me Angie...” Jordan smiled at the girl. He didn’t expect her to be so mature, but even though, when you’re locked at the attic in a demonic dimension, it could possibly be close to normal. Angoria frowned and Jordan could easily read from her face she was confused about something. “The human,” she started, looking at the little boy, “she’s... fading?” Jordan looked up at the girl. It didn’t take him long enough to figure out the girl thought Amber was human. After all, she didn’t change yet, so it might have been normal for the girl to think so. Jordan closed his eyes. If it meant that the human was fading away, it could most possibly be because Amber was changing. Something he didn’t suspect to happen until next week. Now how was he going to get stronger before she turns, if she’s already turning?!

Jordan shivered even thinking about Amber. After all, she had been his best friend for ages, it’s legit that it left its traces. He remembered the past with her very clearly, he still understood their past – how it was like, what he felt like. But it didn’t quite change anything, it didn’t change any feeling he was feeling toward her right now. She had betrayed him, she had wanted to have the power of him and make sure that he knew she was the leader. He wasn’t possible to forgive her for that and thought he’d never be... In some way, he still felt attracted to her. But beside that, beside the love, there was so much hate he had concurred for this girl. So much hate for this angel, for the one that pretended to be innocent for all those years, while she actually was everything except that. Jordan grumbled. He was afraid that, now she was changing and becoming an angel, that the cage would no longer be strong enough for her. Jordan had read in books that in those cages, there couldn’t be used any magic. But he never read something about a yet to become angel, about someone that changed, about the power of a ‘newborn’-angel. He didn’t know how powerful Amber was right now, would be in the next couple of hours... He had planned on getting all that information in the last week before her sixteenth birthday. But now that she’d already changed before it, before Jordan got the chance to, he didn’t have any information on that.

Jordan thought that things couldn’t possibly get worse from then on, but it all changed when the boy started to pull at Jordan’s arm, pointing to something. Jordan was pretty sure that if he’d been a normal demon, he wouldn’t have been able to see this. But since he was an angon, half demon half angel, he could see it. He could see a thousand of angels standing around him, as if they were trying to protect Amber. If they got through the angels and toward Amber, it’d mean their death. Jordan knew he couldn’t just let Amber escape, he knew he had to do something. “Howdy, I’m Jordan and these are my friends. Well, some of them. You know, I was playing this game with my best friend an-“ “SILENCE!” Out of the angel-wall, one angel stepped forward. If she’d been walking across town, even without her wings, you’d still know she’s an angel. She had long blonde hair, green eyes ad her face was just showing she was kind. “Thanks,” she continued on a normal tone, her mouth forming a friendly smile, “we all know you, Bradley, or as people call you these days: Jordan. We’ve been watching you ever since you were little, and we did the same with Ru- Amber. Yet, you’ve chosen your side, the demon one. We won’t kill you but we’re able to stop you. AND your little angon friend right there. Even the hungon.” Jordan swallowed, knowing that this angel-wall could always stop them. An infinite wall of angels vs him... wasn’t quite difficult to figure out who would win and who wouldn’t. His expression, which you could describe as a little bit scared, soon changed. “I prefer to say I’m on my own side, you know. From what I see, I don’t like demons very much either. It’s just me... and perhaps even them,” he said, looking over to Angoria and the boy. “Oh, and you know,” he continued, “I might not be strong enough right now, but one day I will. I will get stronger than all of you. And I sure won’t ever listen to your demands. EVER. I can give you my word on that.”Jordan smirked and laughed while he was saying those things, trying to not show off he was scared. Because, when he was honest with himself, Jordan knew he was scared. “Bradley,” the angel whispered to herself, “my dear, dear Bradley.” She took a step closer and before Jordan could even get away from her, she ruffled her hand through his hair, while both a sad smile and sad laugh expressed her feelings at that moment. “Just as she predicted...”The woman moved her hand in front of his face, and while she wasn’t even at the other end of his face yet, Jordan felt how he walked away from reality.