Ten

This part is writen by me.

{Time stands still,

Beauty in all she is

I will be brave

I will not let anything 

..take away,

what's standing in front of me

Every breath

Every hour has come to this}

Jordan ignored Ambers question and followed her into the ice cream shop. Today, something felt differently about it. It was like something wanted to banish him out of here, but due some reason couldn’t. He shrugged. Up until now, ever since school ended, or as Amber said: his birthday started, he hadn’t been feeling his alter-ego or whatever it was that made him feel this way. Jordan felt invisible hands pushing against his body, trying to push him out of the shop. He thought that he might have been getting sick, but there was no way he could tell Amber about it. There was no way he’d ruin his birthday for her, the thing she’d been all excited about for as long as he could remember. The little girl appeared in front of him. “Jordie, Jordie, we’re on the halluuuuf!” Jordan smiled thinking back of the memory. Jordan was at her house to celebrate her eight-year old party, and she fangirled all over what time would bring in another eight years. And now they actually were there, on the Sweet Sixteen, as everyone liked to call their sixteenth birthday. Jordan always thought it was a birthday like others, but apparently nobody else did and surely not Amber. He always wondered if the where-to-be-happy-about-list of her would ever get empty. “Probably not,” he muttered silently and turned his head to the owner of the shop, who asked what he wanted to have today. “Well,” he started, “since the girl over here probably wants to feed me until I burst open tomorrow, it might be for the best if I don’t take a lot...” He felt how a laugh burst out of his throat. “But we all know,” he continued with a smirk on his face, “that that isn’t going to happen any time soon.” Jordan scrolled his eyes over the menu. He already know how it looked like and what you could get in this shop, but he loved to give the impression he was actually thinking very hard on what to get. “A black snowman and a white hat for me, please.” The man smiled. “So, the usual, Jordan?” Jordan nodded heavily. “It seems more formal if I say the full name, doesn’t it?”

The manager made a so called black snowman, or better said: vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce, and handed it over to Jordan while handing over Ambers order as well. “If you want to stay formal, Mister Clark, you should at least try to use the actual names instead of the nicknames we used years ago.” He winked at Jordan, made him a hot chocolate with cream and handed it over. Jordan sighed. He could already imagine what Amber was going to say: something like ‘dissed’ or ‘1-0! Go, go, go!’. He laughed at the thought of it, but decided that no matter what he should change the subject before she ever got to say anything. “C’mon Ams, let’s sit down, will we?” If it weren’t for the hot choc and the ice cream in his hands, he would’ve dragged her with her all through the shop. The usual costumers were used to it after all, so it wouldn’t really matter anything. He started to walk toward the table, expecting for Amber to go after him.

Sitting down at their usual table, Jordan blinked back to the first time he’d come here. It wasn’t with Amber, though, he hadn’t even met her yet. He was still four years old and lost his parents somewhere in another shop, while thinking he could be independent enough to walk next to him without holding their hands... Only after a few moments, he had realized that he wasn’t that independent after all, and ran out on the streets, where he ran against the son of the previous owner. Now, all those years later, the old man was resting somewhere on an island far away and his son had become the owner of the shop. It was quite a family business, looking at it that way. Jordan smiled and took a bite of his ice cream, immediately being overwhelmed by it’s coldness, as he drank the hot choc with it.