my favourite customer- s.mg

Y/Ns pov;

The day was dull anyway, it was one where nobody was motivated not even the most optimistic of people.

I'd arrived at work with my morning coffee in my hand lazily taking sips every so often. My boss had told me to come in to work early or as he liked to phrase it "seizing the work day before everyone else like the hard workers we are." It was easy for him to say. All he did was sit in his office watching Netflix whereas I. I was the one running round like a headless chicken writing his shit for him and his meetings whilst getting an unreasonably low amount of money.
I'd feel better if he credited me a bit but no instead he took the credit for his work, his speeches, his business deals, saying how he would not be where he was if he hadn't worked as hard as he did. It was all bullshit but that's what you get when you where a naturally clever high-school student who partied constantly. I look back on it now and question. Why? Why did I? Why was i always drunk when I had a good head on my shoulders.

"Aahh y/n there you are. 5 minutes late but I suppose you can be forgiven."

"How gracious of you sir."

I tried to make sure I wasn't sarcastic as much as I wanted to be as it was 5 o'clock in the morning and I had been woken up by the constant repetitive sound of my phone ringing.

"Tommorow I have an extremely important meeting with some potential investors so I'm going to need you to make a sideshow on this establishment in all it's glory. I also have a dinner tonight with some of our most important customers so I need you to write a speech for me showing our gratitude toward them so make me sound humble, confident but also make it relatable, people love when they connect with the speaker on that certain level."

"I will try my best. "

"You don't try you do."

I bowed my head slightly as he left the room smiling.

Fucking asshole.

I sat down at my desk and began typing.

I had a feeling today was going to be tough.

The rain beat hard against the window as I typed away on the keyboard infront of me.

My glasses where placed on the tip of my nose as loose strands of hair fell onto my face.

Done.

Print.

As I made my way to the printer I saw my boss scolding the new intern. I remembered when that was me looking to my boss with such fear yet the upmost respect.

But now.

Now I just see him for the piece of shit he is but he. He single handedly is the piece of shit that keeps my roof over my head. I approached him and the younger girl who seemed to shake in terror as he rolled his eyes throwing an entire coffee into the bin.

"May I be of assistance sir?"

"The new intern can't even make my coffee right. Go teach her and then get back to writing. "

"Right away sir."

Sometimes I wanted to slap that piece of shit so ha-

"Thankyou."

The small girl infront of me said.

"Anytime. I'm y/n."

She bowed slightly.

"I'm ara."

"Now let's go make some coffee Shall we."

The way he liked his coffee was simple. Not complex not interesting just boring and simple. So simple infact that you wondered if it even had a taste? It was like his business. Simple. Simple being that he got everyone else to do the work for him but none the less. Simple.