HeadSpace

The day went on, shifting into the afternoon, then slowly fading to a dark night. It was peaceful that night, for the sudden burst of heat Nightmare was surprised that it hadn't begun to rain yet. But thoughts like those were for later as Nightmare changed into his pajamas and laid down in bed. He thought about it for maybe a minute or two and decided that yes, he would go into Blue's dream again. But since he was doing it again for the second night in a row, he knew Dream would notice so he shouldn't do it again... He didn't like the idea though of not being able to talk to someone that was starting to truly understand him outside of his team and brother...
But that didn't matter right now, he should stop thinking that way and just go to sleep. So with that Nightmare got comfy, closed his eyes, and went to sleep.
Opening his eyes he found him self in a dream space of sorts. Bits of others dreams were scattered through out the area. He recognized some of his teams dreams...and was now almost hoping he didn't. Quickly walking past some dreams and sweet nightmares, when he saw some that looked familiar. His brother happy about something, Ink also happy about whatever even while sleeping. As he continued to walk he found what he was looking for. Blue's...mind?.. He guessed Blue wasn't asleep yet. So instead of waiting he hesitantly entered Blue's head space.
It was a lot less positive than he thought it would be. But it was still happy...more relaxing then anything else though. Compared to his last in person encounter with Blue it was more tame. Finding the repeat pattern of relax or self control, Nightmare realized that he must feel obligated to be that way a lot if this is how his mind looked. But then again this does give him a good picture of what to make Blue's dream like, and where it'll be.
Soon after making the scene Nightmare felt a change, Blue's mind starting to produce a scenario to turn into a dream. But Nightmare was going to change that scenario before it was fully produced. Using his powers, he changed what was happening or more what would until it reflected what he wanted it to be. Once constructed all Nightmare had to do was wait, and he didn't have to wait long. Soon after making the dream, Nightmare felt another presence enter the space. Nightmare feeling it not to be his brother, and knowing it was Blue sat down and waited. Shortly after sitting down he heard Blue walk up.
"Nightmare?"
Nightmare turned, and faced Blue.
"Yes?"
"I wasn't expecting to see you again, especially not some where like this."
Blue looked around the wooded area he and Nightmare were in, it was peaceful.
"I can be surprising"
"I've realized"
Blue went over and sat down next to Nightmare.
"So how was your day?"
Nightmare first asked
"Oh it was...different..."
"Different?"
"Well no... But Dream was acting weird, and I felt..."
"Different..?"
"Ha...ya I guess"
"So... It was bad?"
"No I hung out with Palette, he was cute perusal."
Nightmare chuckled
"So my nephew decides to take after his..?"
"Mother?.."
"If his mother is my brother then yes"
"Haha, my guess is you didn't mean to make it rhyme?"
"No not really"
Blue couldn't help but giggle.
"Myehe b-but anyways, you were saying?"
"Oh ya um... My brother as a child had the face of a baby, and the personality of the sociable, and enthusiastic toddler he was."
"Yep! That's definitely him"
"I wouldn't expect any less then"
Blue smiled thinking of Palette, his bubbly little self. Then he sulked, confusing Nightmare.
"What's with the look?"
"Oh nothing...it's just he is your nephew...and you don't even know him..."
"I...don't...and I never will... But that isn't for you to worry about..."
"Ok..."
After that it went silent, it was...awkward... But it didn't last very long.
"So anyways...how was your day?"
Blue asked curiously
"Good. But not much happened, Cross was impulsive and Killer was trying to...I don't know get control of him."
"Why? Was he acting out?"
"Oh ya you don't know, huh?"
"Guess not?.."
"Hehe don't sound so unsure, you either do or don't it's no big deal."
"I suppose"
Nightmare could tell that Blue was still a little bit uncomfortable. But Nightmare didn't know how to make him feel any better, it was an odd scenario he put himself in earlier. So Nightmare being Nightmare decided to use his powers to try and make Blue feel better as he continued to talk.
"Well the long and the short is they had a  condom break and they're keeping the result."
"Oh?.."
It took a few seconds for Blue to realize what that meant.
"O-Oh! Good for them!.."
"I mean sure, it's a good thing..."
"Of course... You're just making it sound like there's going to be a but with that."
"No not really, it isn't a bad thing..."
"But~"
Nightmare snickered
"But...let's just say there's a lot going on right now. And I'm just confused..."
"Even if somethings going on and or you're confused, you should be happy for them."
"I...I never said I wasn't"
"Oh wait...happy is kind of a problem for you, right?"
"Well I wouldn't put it so bluntly"
"S-Sorry"
"It's ok"
"Eh..."
"Really, it's fine"
"If you insist"
Blue wasn't feeling any better, which confused Nightmare. Well no not really, the conversation they just had didn't go very well but still Nightmare's magic still should've been able to counter that... Unless there was a different reason or emotion to make Blue feel like that. Maybe...he was upset?.. No...not that... What if he was more uncomfortable than Nightmare thought?.. Still no, Nightmare would've been able to fix it... Wait...what if he was embarrassed? That would've made some amount of sense but not to much. But after the last dream and how it ended it wouldn't be to much of a long shot-
"Um Nightmare"
"Oh uh ya?"
Snapping out of it, Nightmare listened to what Blue had to say.
"You said you had a lot going on, so what else is going on?"
"What else?.."
It took a moment for Nightmare to remember what he said.
"Oohhh that..."
"Ya. That..."
Nightmare fell silent, he hadn't even told his team about his new...problems, or what ever it was. Blue seeing the very visible hesitance changed what he was saying.
"Or, if you don't want to it's-"
"Maybe if I do it here, it'll be easier then..."
Nightmare said in a hushed whisper, one so quiet that Blue could barely hear it.
"What was th-"
Blue stopped watching tar slip away from Nightmare's body, similar to how it slid on the day before. Seeing the eye patch Blue was a little confused, and the fact that this was the 'a lot going on' didn't help.
"Ok? You looked like that yesterday? Is there something-"
Once again Blue stopped, Nightmare took off his eye patch to show his damaged eye. Slowly looking back at Blue to see the surprised expression he had, Nightmare sighed.
"Yep...this is it..."
"Is...is this what you really look like now?.."
"Hehe...ya...I'm...I'm the real Nightmare, by now that should be more than obvious but I mine as well clarify..."
"You are... That's not that surprising, now that I think about it..."
Nightmare chuckled
"I suppose..."
Blue could here the dark, grim tone Nightmare was using, well darker than usual.
"Is there something wrong?.."
"A little..."
"Ok, what is it?.."
Blue scooted closer to Nightmare, laying his head on the kings shoulder.
"I'll listen"
Nightmare blushed, not expecting the sudden contact. Looking at Blue, Nightmare saw that he was also embarrassed. But that's when Nightmare started to feel a different emotion from Blue, one that if he hid it then it would be hard to gauge what he was actually feeling. Though Nightmare didn't get it, Blue felt some sort of closeness, a security of sorts. Nightmare never understood this feeling well but was happy that Blue felt that way about him- Wait a minute, he was happy? Like genuinely happy...
Nightmare smiled, for once it was a happy smile... Yes he'll need to get use to it, and yes he'll most likely keep quiet about feeling Blue's sudden attraction a secret for a while. But he can say that he's enjoying the sudden feeling of euphoria that no longer harms him.
"Do you think you can sit through it all?"
"I think I'd be willing to try, we have time"
"Yes...yes we do"
They continued to talk until Blue woke up. It was more sudden then the last time, probably because him and Nightmare got so caught up in their conversation that they weren't keeping track of time. It's not like it mattered now though, he was awake and the dream was over. And now he would need to deal with the real Dream, who was acting weird lately... Blue didn't think about it that much, he knew it was probably because of his more recent dreams...but it's not like there'd be a problem...right?..