Going Back

Before Nightmare even had a chance to turn around, Blue was marching up the steps to his old home angerly. He banged on the door with his fist and yelled for Dream come out.
"DREAM! COME OUT NOW!"
"Blue be care-"
"DREAM!"
Blue continued to pound on the door until somebody answered, and soon some one did... Just not the someone he thought...
"Unca Blue?.."
"O-Oh Palette..."
Blue didn't know what to do, Palette was just looking at him with a happy expression stuck to his face.
"Unca Blue! Where did you go!? I missed you!"
Palette was motioning to be picked up, so Blue gently did, hugging him in the process. When Blue was doing this he looked at Nightmare, he didn't say anything and only let him continue what he was doing.
"Um Palette honey-"
"Yes!?"
"Can we be quiet for a little bit- I want to play a game but you have to promise to be really quiet..."
"Oh ok"
"Good, now in this game you have to lead me to mommy."
"Do we play with mom?"
"Yes we do, but you have to show me where he is first."
"Ok, I know where he is, in one of the rooms upstairs."
"Good, can you lead me to him?"
"Yep!- Let's go"
Blue carefully put Palette down then him and Nightmare followed him upstairs into a side room. Just as Palette was about to enter Blue stopped him.
"I'll go get mom, you go wait downstairs so we can play once I get him."
"Ok"
Palette waved bye happily and then skipped back down the stairs. Nightmare and Blue stood in front of the door they had been led to, already able to hear baby cry's from the other side.
"I don't want to stay Night, just get her and go home if we can..."
"Do you really think that it'll be that easy?.."
"I can hope, can't I?.."
"Yes...you can..."
Blue breathed, and calmed himself as much as he could before opening the door. Dream was there, his back to the door clearly trying to calm a baby. The room was sparse, rather empty with a few old things that Palette use to have. It was nostalgic in a way, but Blue knew he had to ignore it. He went up to Dream and tapped him on the shoulder.
"Just say it's you Blue..."
"How did you know?.."
"I felt Nightmare's presences the second you walked into this house. I knew he wouldn't let you come here alone..."
Slowly Dream turned around, his eyes splotchy as he attempted to calm Ivy down.
"Were you crying Dream?.."
Blue was reluctant to ask, Dream nodding. Blue felt himself about to cry, less because he knew Dream did and more because he was happy his baby was safe. With out even asking Blue took Ivy away from Dream before Dream had a chance to stop him.
"Dream we're l-leaving with my baby..."
"...Blue...please...for once just try and listen to me... It's Nightmare...he doesn't let creatures get close to him, he just controls them into doing what they want... I don't want that to be you... I know I exploded when I first found out that you were having his baby...but please I-"
"Dream...he isn't like that...not anymore...why can't you just trust me for once?.."
"...Because it's him Blue...I want you safe...I want my niece safe...from him... He's just selfish corruption..."
Nightmare didn't have words for this situation, what could he say?.. Admittedly not very much...this was a difficult scenario to just be tossed into... But he did find his words...
"I'm not Dream...."
"Don't lie-"
"I'm really not...if I was..."
Nightmare let his corruption and negativity slip away, revealing a body Dream had known for years, yet had forgotten until that moment.
"No..."
"Dream...you haven't changed...I knew you when you were a child, care free, rambunctious, impulsive...and all those other things you were from then to now... You don't change...sometimes that's good, but not for you it isn't..."
Dream wanted to argue that, but he felt as if at the moment he was everything Nightmare was telling him he was...nothing but an ignorant, and impulsive child...
"When did you...how..."
"That's not important...we're leaving Dream... Don't come after us or Ivy again..."
Blue warned, motioning for Nightmare to open a portal, which he did with ease. Dream felt himself start to cry again, watching the two leave.
"Wait- Stop!-"
Was all Dream could get out as the portal closed. Blue shook, slowly sliding down onto the floor.
"He wanted to be m-my-"
Blue started to whine, before beginning to cry... this made Nightmare feel bad. Nightmare sitting down next to him and pulling him close, while making sure that he wasn't squeezing the baby.
"Hey, hey, it's ok..."
Nightmare couldn't hide the fact that he sniffled to, and only pulled Blue closer to try and hide that fact... Everything was ok again...but it just wasn't...even though it should've been...Blue now missed his friends, now more than ever...even though he loved Nightmare, it was hard...
While Blue was borderline depressed at the moment, Nightmare was confused, wondering why now his brother wanted to see him....instead of push him away for once, he didn't know what to think...and only tried his best not to cry...
Dream missed what was...they both knew that if there were any chances of them being together, Dream would have to be in the now...and neither was sure that he could do that...