Lesson

"Why today?"
"Hm-?"
"You heard me..."
Dream sighed, not happy about the topic that was being revisited... It wasn't like he could be to mad though, he knew why Ink asked...and he couldn't blame him... So with a small grunt, he nuzzled closer into Ink's chest and answered the question.
"I wasn't going to today, I was going to wait...at least for another week or so...till I was sure you were gonna be gone for a while..."
"So what happened?"
"..."
"Dream..."
"I...I found out I still wasn't pregnant...the test was negative..."
"It took years for us to have Palette, it'll take a while..."
"It hurts though...and I just did that out of instinct...out of want..."
"You're still jealous..."
"Stop..."
Pouting, Dream tried to move away from Ink but got stuck when Ink locked his arm around him.
"Let me move-"
"No...I'm mad Dream...but I don't want you to leave..."
"Why not?"
"Because Dream, I still love you...you just do stupid things... We need to talk to Nightmare, if not you then me..."
"No Ink-"
"I'm not telling you to forgive him and I know you're gonna say no... But I at least will...if you don't come with me I'll do it by myself."
Even though Dream didn't want to, he wasn't about to let Ink go talk to his brother bye himself. So with another sigh, Dream begrudgingly agreed.
"Fine...if you go I will-"
"I don't think the Boss is gonna be seeing either of ya~"
Jumping out of bed, Dream immediately drew his bow and pointed it at Killer, who was now standing and in the corner of the couples room. He didn't appear very alarmed, even chuckling a bit and stepping forward.
"The boss doesn't wanna see ya again, ya know? He said as much when he got his girl back...after you took her away when she was with us..."
"I'm not eager to...but I will if I want to..."
"Heh, I don't think ya get it LittleLight~"
Quicker then either of Dream and Ink were able to stop, Killer ran up and grabbed onto Dream's collar, putting a knife to his throat as he began to speak.
"Just think bout it like this then I could always come out of 'retirement' for a little moment, and cut out that pretty tongue of yours if ya consider coming by~"
"Heh, so you're still Nightmare's lap dog..."
Ink growled, Dream being nervous and shocked that he dared to tease Killer in the position he was in. But luckily nothing to bad happened, but they got a response that they weren't really expecting to get from Killer.
"No...I'm not doing this for Nightmare...not for Blue...not even for the kid..."
"Then why-"
"Ya get to close to them, ya get to close to my little gaggle... So don't fucking do it again..."
As quickly as he appeared after that, Killer vanished before Dream's and Ink's eyes. Dream fell back down onto the bed, lightly grasping his collar.
"Well? Do you want to go talk to my brother now?"
"Now more then ever... But we can't...can we?"
"We have a son to, and we were-"
"Are..."
"Are trying to have another so let's...wait..."
"What?"
Thinking about it for a moment, Dream came up with a better idea to communicate with Nightmare...while still obliging by Killer's demand.
"I could always take after what Nightmare did... But I'd have to talk to Blue...I can't talk to Nightmare directly but I can through Blue if he is sleeping..."
"It's up to you Dream, I can't make you..."
"I know... I'll do it though... But we have to go to sleep-"
"Ok, we can then, come here-"
"N-No I won't make you-"
"Be quiet"
Grabbing onto Dream's sleeve, Ink yanked him back into his chest and laid down.
"Besides you can't sleep if you aren't cuddling~"
"My s-stars Ink you can't a-actually be serious."
"What? You sleep near instantly after some real nice 'cuddling'~"
"Ink are y-you serious?"
"You said the reason you did what you did today was because of the negative... Why not try and give you some motivation to not do it again?.."
"I won't...but I want a baby- a child...children..."
"So yes?-"
"Yes Ink, but only cause it helps us accomplish both goals."
"Hm good~"
Leaning close Ink stole a kiss from Dream, laying him down and trying to make them both forget how bad today really was...
Killer fazed back into the castle, already in the hall leading to his and Cross's room. Starting to walk, Killer neglected to notice Nightmare standing in an opening down the long stretch of hall.
"So that wasn't for me, Blue, or my daughter? Huh?"
Killer didn't even turn to look at his boss, just keeping his gaze facing forward.
"You understand, more then ever you do"
"I never said I didn't... But still choose your words carefully next time..."
"Yes sir..."
Not saying a word after that, Killer retreated to his room silently. When Nightmare was sure that Killer had left, he also went off to his room. Blue was laying there awake, skimming one of Nightmare's many books that had intrigued him.
"I didn't think you'd like books this much"
"I do, they help me relax...go to sleep"
"Ah yes, bore you off to rest, their absolute intended purpose."
"Most definitely~"
Nightmare chuckled, stripping himself down before climbing into bed next to Blue. Leaning over, Nightmare also pressed a kiss to Blue's cheek.
"Hm~ Why are you being so sweet?"
"Because you deserve it~"
"Mm or is it because you're afraid that I'd be mad about whatever you stayed up to talk to Killer about?"
"Hmhm, never cease to amaze me. But no it's not that either."
"Well I'd rather know what that is anyways~"
Snickering, Nightmare tipped Blue's book down onto the bed and smiled.
"If you wanna know so bad, then I'll tell you in the morning. You need rest..."
"But-"
"Ivey is right there in the crib next to you, you can get some rest..."
"...Fine..."
"Good"
Closing the book, Blue put it off to the side and laid down. Nightmare smiled and also laid down, letting Blue snuggle close.
"Sleep well Blue..."
"I will Night...Good night..."
"Good night Blue"