To Soon

Morning sickness was hitting Blue hard a few days later. Though that day was difficult, he was able to get through it with Nightmare's help. And the day before he was even able to unbox the last of his things, or at least he thought it would be... Most things he realized were missing, that is if they weren't completely ruined and destroyed... So having no better option Blue decided he should just try and call Dream or Ink... Of course this was his last resort, one he really didn't want to do- But also the best option he realized...at least at the moment...
So getting himself together after being sick, he decided to get himself dressed, be as together as he could even though he wasn't seeing anyone...seeing them... But, anyways, Blue went over to his closet and put on something relatively nice... Something nice Nightmare had actually seen him in before. A pair of black overalls, with white stars around the ankles and pocket on his chest, with a gray sweater underneath it.
"You look nice~"
Nightmare said, walking up and wrapping his arms around Blue from behind.
"Thanks"
"Is there something special I should know about?"
"Not right now no...just wanted to go through the motions for once, you know?.."
"Get back in the swing of things?"
"Try to at least..."
"Well ok, I'm going out to get some things for the boys and what not, do you need anything?"
"No but thanks"
Turning to look at Nightmare, Blue sighed and hugged him.
"Or...do you need me here?.."
"No...I'm ok love... Just go and be back quickly..."
"Ok~ And I'll bring back cookies, for the both of you~"
Nightmare cooed, rubbing Blue's belly and giving him a kiss on the head.
"You don't have to-"
"Every time you tell me that, I'll just have to get you more things~ Like now I'm getting us dinner~"
"Oh stop, I will if you do"
"Hmhm, fine~ See you later love"
"Bye honey"
Letting go of Nightmare, Blue waved as he watched his lover leave. Once he was gone, Blue went into the living room and sat down on the couch and breathed.
"No matter what happens I gotta keep it together... Though Nightmare is gone, the others are still here...so I can't flip out..."
Taking out his phone, he first tried to call Dream...number no longer in service...
"Well that's a bit dramatic...but fine"
The next number he tried was Ink's, blocked... Made more sense... Lastly Blue tried the house phone, because no one ever bothered to get rid of the land line. He wasn't expecting anyone to pick up, but the someone who did end up picking up surprised him...and made him feel sad at the same times...
"Hello? Who is this?"
"Palette? Is that you!?"
"Unca Blue! I missed you! Where did-"
Before Palette could finish the, phone was taken away. Screaming could be heard in the background for a split second before the phone was hung up... Blue recognized the voice...Dream's... Hearing it how he did, the way he did...made tears begin to well in the corners of his eyes.
"D-Don't cry Blue, d-don't..."
He thought about calling again...maybe...though he was about to cry... But he instead trusted his better judgment, and didn't...laying his phone down on the table next to him as he kept trying to calm down. As Blue was trying to do this, he didn't even notice Cross walking in, him being concerned for Blue.
"Blue?.."
"Oh- Um Cross-"
Blue let a few sniffles slip out of him, as he dried his eyes with his scarf.
"No Blue, what's wrong?.."
"N-Nothing- *Hic*"
Cross could only look at Blue and sigh, walking over to him and sitting down next the shaken skeleton.
"Look at me..."
Slowly, Blue took his hands out of his hands and looked at Cross with splotchy eyes. Cross put an arm around Blue and pulled him close.
"What happened?"
"I-I called Dream- Or the house phone... Palette p-picked it up- and- a-and..."
Blue couldn't help himself, not anymore, and began crying into Cross. Cross rocked the weeping skeleton back and forth, shhing him every so often in attempt to try and calm him down...it didn't work as well as he hoped it would...
"It'll be ok Blue- It will be..."
"B-But- He was there, and D-Dream took him away-"
"I know, I know, just breath..."
Cross knew this had to be hard for Blue...leaving everything behind...being forced to leave everything behind... He understood it, some of it at least...that feeling more than anything else...
"Cross? Who are you talking to?- What's going...on..."
For a moment, Blue didn't even bother to move...but eventually he looked at Nightmare to see his worried expression...worried for him... Blue let out a small whine as Nightmare walked over to him and Cross.
"Is he-"
"You might want to just take my place here..."
Cross carefully peeled himself off of Blue, and let Nightmare sit down next to him instead.
"Um Cross you wouldn't mind getting the cookies I just got and bringing them over here, right?"
"Sure..."
"...Yes they're chocolate chip and yes you can have one if hurry up."
"Thanks boss!- Be back right away!"
Cross dashed off to the kitchen, coming back near instantly afterwards with a cookie already shoved in his mouth, and a box in his hands that he handed to Nightmare.
By the time Cross was gone, and Blue had started eating cookies he was calmed down for the most part.
"There we go...now what happened? If you can tell me?.."
"It's not that b-big a deal though..."
"If it made you cry then it is..."
Blue shook a little, turning away from Nightmare and taking another bite of his cookie.
"I know you'll tell me that I was dumb... But I called the house phone...for Dream's and Ink's house..."
"I would never call you dumb...but that was definitely not the best of ideas..."
"Hehe ya...anyways...Dream didn't pick up...and n-neither did Ink..."
"Oh no...Berry..."
Using his tentacles, Nightmare pulled his lover close and into his loving embrace.
"It was Palette wasn't it?.."
"Y-Yea..."
Blue felt his tears start to reappear, as he whined. Nightmare did his best to calm him down, cupping his cheeks, giving him kisses, snuggling...and eventually it was all to much...and Blue passed out in his arms...
He was as alright as he normally was when he woke up, still being sad but being able to deal with his sadness well...and luckily, he got what he had wanted, the rest of his stuff a couple of days later... Dream must've taken the hint...that's at least all Blue could think to himself... As he still continued to process everything that was happening...