Fate

After many long moments of loud screams, grunts, and other sounds of agony Blue had a chance to rest. For a moment he forget what he did, and that moment lasted enough to let him drift off to sleep at least for a small while. Nightmare on the other hand was still rather energized, or maybe restless for lack of a better words. Similar to Blue he was in some sort of a daze- Yet compared to his lovers it was different... In his hands was a very tiny little skeleton, it near silent other then the tiny little breaths it was letting out... It was his baby girl...just laying there in the palm of his hand... He had no words to describe what he was feeling, none at all. The small babe had been crying, that evident by the small goop tears that were a mix of a sparkly black and very dark shade of blue. That was from Nightmare, those little bits of goop...he could feel the energy...the negative amount from his and yet also the magic Blue gave her... It was so nice...this thing they made together was so amazing.
While distracted with the baby, Nightmare could barely hear the door crack open to his and Blue's room. Instinctively Nightmare's tentacles went to cover his lover with a blanket, as Killer peaked into the room.
"Boss? Everyone's out here and we're wondering what happened..."
"I...I have a kid now..."
Killer stammered for a moment but got himself together rather quickly, afterwards so the two could keep speaking.
"Oh- Um- Well what do you want me to do about them?"
"Leave them to themselves...I...I need a minute...to think please..."
"Eh alright boss, just holler if you need something-"
"Geez, been a dad for what all of few weeks and you're already saying things like holler? Should I be more afraid for you or myself~"
The two of them laughed lightly, the tiny amount of new found understanding somewhat make them do so, that being evident even more so when it got quiet when they heard the babe fuse a small bit. They both looked at it, Killer shocked to see his boss with a kid but not letting it show.
"Anyways I'll leave ya to it boss, besides Crossy's gonna wanna get that new baby and Blue somethings...weather I like it or not..."
"Heh, well have loads of fun with him~ And we'll see ya in a bit..."
"Ok boss, see ya"
Waving his boss bye Killer left back into the hall, closing the door behind him. A few seconds afterwards and Nightmare heard some excited talk that made him chuckle and then sigh... He looked down at his baby girl, nothing but love for her in his eyes and yet there was worry...so much worry now... This was his daughter...a daughter of darkness...something like him...
"I...I don't want you to go through anything that happened to me... You don't deserve it...any of it..."
Gently caressing the tiny girls cheek with his thumb, Nightmare felt warm tears start to drip down his face.
"You're p-perfect..."
"Mm..."
Hearing a noise come from his lover, Nightmare looked up to see Blue looking back at him with tired eyes.
"Night why are you crying? What's up?"
Blue waited for a response from Nightmare but didn't get one, only watching as the king wiped his eyes and get up to join his partner in bed. He laid down next to the still sleepy Blue, holding their child delicately. Blue watched in awe as his baby was brought to him, smiling while looking down at her once she was close.
"Nighty...we... We made this..."
Using one of his own hands, Blue helped in the already effortless task of holding the baby as he leaned onto Nightmare.
"She's beautiful..."
"I-I know...I haven't been able to stop looking at her..."
With a tiny hum, Blue motioned for the baby so Nightmare gave her to him. Blue lightly cradled the baby girl in his arms, as he continued speaking with Nightmare.
"So...is that why you were crying..?"
"Blue I'm-"
"Night please...if you're gonna lie or make an excuse at least make a good one... Now tell me what's wrong, please..."
Looking down at his Blue...and his baby... Nightmare couldn't tell him no...and started to tell him why he had been crying...
"...I don't want what happened to me as a child to happen to our baby...our little girl..."
"Nightmare-"
"I know it's delusional...unimaginable...but Blue I can feel it...my magic inside her soul...what if that magic does something to her? Something bad I can't fix...or what if someone hurts her because of it?.. It'd be my fault Blue..."
Blue didn't know what to say, or if he should say anything... He knew a little more then before him and Nightmare became this...that Nightmare went through horrible things but what those things were? Blue barely knew...but he didn't have to know to feel that pain that Nightmare was feeling... Tightly he grabbed Nightmare's hand in his own, not letting go.
"She will be fine...and if anything like that ever does happen then she'll have us...she'll have you to go to...you'll understand... But it won't happen...Nighty she'll be what she wants...she'll do, say, be anything she wants, we just have to teach and tell her she can... Other people won't stop her, they didn't stop you-"
"I didn't get anywhere great because of what-"
"You got me, this baby, even the boys, they found a home with you even it can be full of fighting and chaos they love it. You did for them what you couldn't for yourself, be happy about that my love."
Though Nightmare was happy it was still hard to think that someday, maybe, his baby girl would get hurt like he did... The thought made him feel sick, all those things that happened to him happening to Ivy... It'd be worse then when it happened to him by ten fold- And he never thought something would make him feel worse...and now just the thought of something happening was making him feel like that...
"I am...I am..."
Nightmare held his family close, continuing to think of these worse case scenarios like they were bound to happen- But they weren't, he knew that...and still his fear clenched around his soul like never before, as he waited for fate to inevitably set in.