End

"So what do you want?"
"I just need to ask something..."
With the still almost emotionless tone, Dream continued to speak to his confused yet annoyed brother.
"Why are you normal again?-"
"I thought Blue told you-"
"Tell me..."
"...I don't know, I've been trying to figure it out but I can't..."
"Maybe you're coming to terms with what happened, when we were young...and now, when you're letting Blue in... I'd assume that's why."
"Oh really? What then pray tell would I need to come to terms with?"
"Don't-"
"No Dream, what is it?"
Shedding even a slight amount of emotion, Dream felt his eye twitch and grit his teeth, forcing out a response for Nightmare.
"What do you think it is? Everything I heard you told Blue...about the people here..."
"And you really thinking I am and was just saying something random? Accusing for no reason back then?.. You didn't know till it was to late, I can give you that, but after the fact?.. You still deny it ever happening, trying to find different reasons for everything..."
"Because there is-"
"No, there should be, there's a difference..."
The response and expression Nightmare got was very different. Instead of the beginning of an intense yelling mach, Dream instead starting to tear up... This was unexpected to say the least, Nightmare pausing for a moment to stare at his now crying brother...
"Why are you crying?"
"I...I have been...trying to think of every other reason to explain why you did what you did... I know...ok? I do, but then, to even now...I'm still coming to terms that what I did let you down...led you to this destruction... And I can't, and if I'm being fair I feel it's made me spiteful..."
"Just feel?"
"... I've been helping other universes, fixing and perfecting everything I could to not think about or try and confront what our home did to you...the home I thought was already perfect..."
Stepping up to Nightmare, Dream felt himself start to shake, but some how managed to get himself under control...as he looked up at his brother...
"My jealousy over everything, my guilt, pushed Blue out into the snow...you away to do things due to your pain... I was only more spiteful when you came and got me out of that stone, you know."
"I mean I wasn't expecting that to make you happy with that, let alone was I expecting that."
"You were emotionally charged, it's fine..."
"Heh there you go again-"
"What with?"
"Trying to make everything fine, Dream my problem isn't you admitting what happened, I know that'll be hard...my point is you can never  admit when something isn't fine."
"Oh? So you have two reasons now?"
Just as things seemed to be going a bit ok, things suddenly changed to the more normal fighting...the tears of Dream's sadness reverting to his all to familiar anger, with Nightmare quick to reflect those feelings. When Blue saw this he wasn't sure if he should intervene or not, Nightmare had told him not to...so maybe it was a good idea to wait...
"Don't do anything stupid Nightmare...please-"
"What then!? Tell me now what is it!?"
With a gulp Blue turned his attention back to the brothers to see them yelling in each other's, just definitely much to close. Figuring now might be a good time to go do something, Blue reluctantly began to run up to his lover as the figuring only grew more intense.
Just as he made to the two, they finally realized his existence or at least Nightmare did, immediately appearing scared when he saw him.
"Blue-?"
"Ok please guys stop! We came here as a last stitch effort, and clearly there was no use in that-!"
"Fine! Maybe that is right- I maybe shouldn't have done this!"
"Wow I could've told you that-"
"Be quiet!"
With a rough push, Dream shoved Nightmare away. Luckily Nightmare caught himself on his tentacles with a snear- Before noticing something... On the spot where Dream pushed his brother was a spreading grey hue...that once touched by Nightmare spread onto his hand in a stiff and cold... When the other two realized what was going on, there was a slight break in the chaos... The guilty look Dream had appeared spontaneously...yes he was jealous, yes he didn't know what he could do to talk to his brother- But...this wasn't what he wanted...
Blue only looked at Nightmare in Aw...terrified amazement...so much so that everything for him just seemed to go quiet, and still, even though it definitely wasn't anymore.
"B-Brother!?- Brother what d-do I-"
"I...Dream?.."
"Tell me w-what to do! This- This isn't what I wanted!"
"I know...I know..."
"So tell me how to fix it!? How to stop this!-"
"Dream...you don't just stop this...there isn't- There's no way..."
Loosing his footing, Nightmare fell to the ground...his feet and some of his legs then turning to stone... This only made Dream act more frantic, pressing his hands to Nightmare's chest- just to have it do nothing...the stone only spreading as it had been... Between sniffles Dream banged on his brother in desperation... This only cause Nightmare to chuckle...looking at both his brother and his Blue...who was still frozen, tears dripping down his already grief stricken face...
It had all been to much...everything that had been happening...Blue just couldn't... Even looking at what was happening felt like it was to much for him...but he couldn't look away...not now...
Staring at the both of them with a hum, Nightmare mourned out a small I love you... Until he said something else- Not screamed- A sudden panic causing this until Blue sat up, breathing heavily in his bed... He had had this Nightmare more then once...after that day... To be fair he had some dreams in between, sending messages in more pleasant ways...
"Did he speak to you again?"
"Yeah...he's doing better...especially after what you told me... That really made him happy, he said he could be patient now..."
Nightmare sat up, wrapping his arms around his bound to be depressed? Stressed? Paranoid? Traumatized?.. Even as the guardian of negativity he couldn't place the mix of feelings Blue had been feeling...
Dream...had taken Nightmare's place...they both fought over the feelings that were invading each others soul at that point, until Dream finally won the battle...his bones Turing cold near instantly once he had... Nightmare felt guilty...more then that...
"I couldn't stop him-"
"I wouldn't have forgiven you if you had..."
"You would've been ok with it though, not as torn up...not as much as you are..."
"...I'd miss you to..."
"I know, but you wouldn't feel as guilty as you do now..."
"I feel better now though, and I know all I'm gonna get until you can get him out..."
"...Will you at least go back to sleep this time?.."
"I...will see..."
Laying back down, Blue did nothing to stop Nightmare from wrapping his arms around his familiarly plumped stomach. The only thing that made him smile was Nightmare rubbing his belly...but that happiness didn't last that night...their guilt keeping them both up that night...to hopefully keep Dream out of their thoughts...at least for another day...at least until he could feel his happiness again...