Repeat

Blue felt himself begin to awake again, well not wake up necessarily, but awake in a dream. The strange part was that he has only been able to do that with moderate success, or with Nightmare's influence. He knew he wasn't trying to be self aware in his dream, but maybe Nightmare was trying to make him feel better? It wasn't like he doubted Nightmare would do that, but then again he also knew that Nightmare wouldn't now, hopefully sensing that Blue just wanted to rest...even if he didn't want to admit.
And now Blue was just confused, wondering why what was going on now was well going on. So having no better ideas, Blue just decided to open his eyes to see a rather empty and creepy sight.
While Nightmare's dream scenes were well thought out and constructed for whoever's dreams they were, like the ones that were made for Blue's own and even Ivey's which Blue was let into on occasion, but this dream was barren, a small amount of stone floor that was barely able to be seen through the ever lasting darkness and small amount of fog dancing around his feet.
It was eerie, creepy...and was unknowingly foreshadowing something Blue was not wanting...
"You seem confused..."
Spinning around, Blue's eyes shot wide open when he saw who had spoke to him. Dream snickered when he saw the shocked look on Blue's face, lightly speaking afterwards.
"I apologize for the aura this place let's off, I'm not used to summoning scenes or-"
"Get out."
Near seconds after being talked to by Dream, Blue summoned a glowing spear into his hand, one he normally wouldn't be able to summon but could now after some lessons of more in-depth dream control by Nightmare. Seeing this, Dream could feel himself chuckle again.
"Unlike you seem to-"
"Get out!"
With a quick throw, Blue hucked the glowing spear at Dream. It flew through the air and just before it hit Dream, it burst away into mostly small, with one singular medium sized, tiny bubble like balls. They fell to the ground before bursting into little bounds of fog, while the one in Dream's hands remained intact.
"You really are mad...I'm...sorry...about that..."
Blue didn't need to have feeling magic to be able to sense the nonexistent sincerity in Dream's words, but it wasn't like he could complain... He was the one trapped in this dream after all.
"But I'm not going to get speared to show that... Pain can travel through dreams and it may not kill me but it wouldn't have been pleasant..."
"..."
"Yeah... Anyways..."
Making the small clear ball glow with golden dream magic, it slowly lit up the space the both of them were in. White pillars formed that were decorated with vines and greenery, along with some flowing water. It was nice...something Blue would probably appreciate if he weren't with Dream... Once this change was over, Dream made the small magic ball disappear as he went up to Blue.
"I'm not leaving...not yet, so just accept that...please."
"...I don't have much choice..."
"You would wake yourself up, I bet Nightmare is trying to keep you asleep... Relax, calm down, like you probably do have to..."
"Like you know that."
"I might"
Dream turned away and slowly began to walk away. Figuring that if he followed him maybe this would all be over faster, Blue slowly walked up behind him.
"What is it? What do you really want?"
"I'm interested in a few things..."
"Start with one..."
"....What happened to Ni- my brother?"
"I wouldn't call him that anymore..."
"Can you answer me?"
Not happy, Blue grumbled before begrudgingly answering the question.
"...He doesn't know..."
"What?"
"You heard me, we don't know... He has no idea how anything like that happened..."
Dream didn't seem happy with that answer, but he remained pretty much ok since he could tell Blue wasn't lying...and that meant he had no other choice.
"I feel like it would've been you..."
"I thought that a little...but then he told me it happened before we met that way, more around the time when Cross got pregnant with Falx."
"I don't get why that is..."
"I do..."
"Really?"
With a snicker, Blue crossed his arms and glanced up at Dream.
"Of course...well I think I do, at least..."
"What do you think?"
"I saw it when I was pregnant with Ivey...and at the time I thought it was just him being happy about having our child. But I recognized the behavior, because he was even like that with the thought of another child that wasn't even his just being around..."
"He isn't like that-"
"But he was, and I feel like that behavior in some way is even familiar to you."
"To me? Why"
Though he sounded rather confused about Blue's statement, Dream felt more conflicted about what he was trying to imply.
"I'm not saying he saw you as a child, no I think it was the family part of it...he does miss you, just not the you he's seen you become... And why he's like this? I don't know, maybe he just realized that more then ever when he learned of a child...that incorruption that he probably related back to you in some subconscious way..."
"You seem to be more sure about that then you initially said you'd be..."
"I'm not positive that that's it, that's just what I think it could be."
"Thought a lot about it?"
"Yeah...but it doesn't matter, I told you what you wanted so anything else?"
Having a good feeling that Blue was really just about done with this, Dream went ahead and quickly asked his next question.
"I do know the 'answer' to this question, but I need a specific one for this. How did you and Nightmare even have that kid?"
"Are you asking this because of yours and Ink's-"
"Just...mine..."
"Oh...well that makes more sense then, and honestly I'm rather shocked he had no trouble at all... I thought the corruption would make it hard, and it didn't... Then again that wasn't to surprising either...it never would've been a problem for Nightmare..."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"I don't know Dream, maybe all of it was because your powers and your dear home... You attract people like a magnet, and maybe it was just your magic filled, deity bodies way to prevent those attraction from producing something-"
"Are you fucking kidding me!?"
Dream screamed out of petty rage, not even knowing how to respond to what Blue was insinuating. The only thing Blue did was cock his head and glance away.
"Oh come on, yes most of your story was written out but you were still you. They weren't meant to know that you'd be fine, not abuse your power, or that'd you'd be lucky enough to not get attacked by some creep or someone trying to some how 'corrupt' you. You need to admit that they wouldn't have done that- this to you if there was no reason for it. Those yes may be pretty far out there, but the only reason I think that now is because of all the things that those town folk did and that you let them do to your 'bro-"
"If he told me earlier I would've fixed it!- And how would or could you know they even did that!? Because he told you!? I know he got hurt, and they took his stupid books sometimes, but I never saw anything like that ever happen!"
"Yes Dream! Yes-"
"Yes?-"
"Yes Dream, not you! You never saw it so I suppose nothing could've happened, because you knew them and so that never could've happen! Very mature of you!"
A deep growl exited from Dream, as the dream scene began to rumble, go dark again, and start to crack..
"I am being!? That's not how that AU was!- You know how AU's operate, that doesn't-"
"I do Dream, and that's the god damn point I'm trying to make! You don't anymore! It used to be help the universes that were stuck in darkness, ones that had been effected by Nightmare after he ate the apples...and now? Ha, now you barely make a difference where you go now, just an appearance..."
Dream's fists clenched and began to shake, glowing with the yellow magic of Dream's rage. He thought he could deal with how difficult Blue was going to be, but he could no longer keep himself together.
"Be quiet..."
"What? Be quiet now? But this is what you wanted right? When you came into my drea-
"I said be QUIET!"
Before Blue had a chance to run or do something to stop Dream, Dream charged at him with a glow of yellow magic that hit his chest. This woke him up immediately, and caused Blue to get shot out from the dream uncontrollably.
Blue jolted up off of the bed, surprisingly into Nightmare's arms as he attempted to contain a scream of pain after what just happened...what Dream had just done...
"B-Blue!? What happened-"
"Quiet- I-Ivey-"
"I had Cross take her the second I felt Dream get into your head... He gave me to much resistance to get in..."
"It's ok...it's ok... M-Mm-"
"What? What's wrong?"
"M-My chest it s-stings- B-Burns..."
Confused, Nightmare laid Blue down on the bed and pulled down the collar on his shirt to see what he was talking about.
"Oh...um..."
"What?"
"He did what I did to you when I marked you with that womb thing you wanted, but well..."
Helping Blue see it, Blue gasped seeing the large splotch that looked somewhat like a scar that was now stuck to his chest. It was white through the middle, small dots of gold with a bright golden yellow glowing border that accompanied the magic scar that was now stuck on his ecto. The only thing this made Dream was speechless, he had no clue what to do or say until Nightmare spoke and snapped him out of it.
"I can't get it off...it's his magic so it's not-"
"Night it's fine...it just hurts..."
"Want me to heal you? Get you an ice pack? More cookies-"
"H-How about we just share the last of those cookies till I feel up to sleeping again..."
"Are you sure you wanna-"
"I'm gonna have to sleep Night, I'll live..."
"Ok um..."
"What?"
Blue could feel Nightmare's anxiety still looming rather heavily in the room, and it now even being worse then it was before they had gone to sleep. Having a feeling that telling Nightmare what happened might make him feel better, Blue sighed and before chosing to do so.
"Not much happened Nightmare, really, he just asked why you weren't normally all goopy anymore and why we could have Ivey so easily..."
"There was probably gonna be more."
"But there wasn't, so it's fine...please just trust me? And let us go eat some cookies before passing out again?"
"...Blue..."
"Please Nighty...I need one night to not have anything like this... I just want a break..."
"Fine...fine..."
Getting up off of the bed, Nightmare lifted Blue  and began to carry him back into the living room, so Blue could at least be somewhat comfy.
"Can we get Ivey to Night? She'd make me feel better to."
"Of course Berry"
Once he was asked to, Nightmare turned back into the hall after putting Blue down and went to get Ivey from Cross. He barged into the room, seeing Cross awake but still rather relaxed considering what Nightmare had told him just a few hours earlier in a panic.
When Cross noticed Nightmare standing in the doorway, he smiled.
"Is he ok now?"
"For now...he wanted Ivey though"
"I'd think so, here"
Leaning up Cross handed Nightmare his baby.
"Thanks again, I'll see-"
"You know this wasn't your fault, right?"
"..."
"You're acting like it is, and we can all see that..."
"Cross-"
"Nightmare, it isn't-"
"You don't know that...don't act like you do... If anything this is only my fault."
Cross snickered after hearing these words, and just sighed afterwards.
"Fine think that, you'll realize you're wrong... I bet you will..."
Nightmare said nothing, maybe actually appearing to consider if Cross was right but turning around before Cross could know if he realized what he was meant to.