A Bit Longer

It wasn't like it mattered... Because it wasn't like he was going to avoid one of his best friends, so with a small sigh Blue stood up. He already had a shirt on so he grab some pajama short shorts, he was a little cold so he was going to go looking for something when he stopped.
"Hm? How did you get over here?"
A black hoodie was laying on the floor, the floor that was clean and had nothing else on it except the hoodie. It looked like one of his jackets that would normally be hanging up in his closet. He picked it up and with it being a jacket and him still being cold, he decided to put it on.
"Um, this isn't right?.."
The hoodie was way to big for him all of the sudden. When before it was actually a little small. And no matter how weird it sounded Blue still had to admit that...it smelled weird... Well no...not weird... But... He didn't know.
So after actually sniffing his hoodie, which made Blue feel like some what of a weirdo, he easily deduced that yes it smelled different and yes it smelled like someone... He was a little confused, but it did smell familiar. Blue thought about it but he couldn't figure out who's it was... Ok it wasn't like he was expecting to know who this jacket smelled like, he doesn't go around smelling people...that'd be very, very weird.
So with Blue still being a little weirded out he went over to his closet to see if his jacket was missing. Opening the closet he looked and yep it's still there. So who's comfy zip up was this? He thought a little bit and ended up on deciding that he would just go ask Dream and Ink, see if they know who's this is.
So zipping up the comfy hoodie a little, Blue felt a similar presence, or warmness of sorts. Other than the obvious warm feeling a hoodie gives you, it made him feel secure... He ended up just standing there for a few minutes, just holding this random hoodie closer to his body. But after those few minutes were up he snapped out of it and blushed.
"What the hell was that?.. I don't even...know...who's..."
That's when he remembered what he felt like in his dream... But that was a dream, this can't be...unless it is...
"Is this Ni-"
"Hey Blue I made breakfast!"
Blue heard Ink call out.
"They must've heard me wake up..."
Blue looked down at the hoodie
"Could this really some how be his..."
Blue thought to himself, also silently debating if he should try and where this around his friends. In the end he decided to just go out there with it. What's the worts that can happen, they recognize it to?.. That could actually be pretty bad, now that he thinks about it.
"It...won't be that bad, they won't know... Hell I barely-"
Blue slapped a hand over his mouth
"I shouldn't talk like that! How am I developing this kind of- Oh...wait, Nightmare..."
Blue couldn't help but giggle a bit
"I guess I'll just have to get a hand on that later before it gets worse, for now I just want some breakfast!"
Blue happily thought to himself, walking out of his room to go into the kitchen. Upon entering he got tackled into a hug by Palette.
"Morning!"
"Good morning buddy"
Blue rubbed the back of Palette's head, and gave him a pat so he'd let go. Doing so Palette ran back over to Dream as Ink handed him some delicious looking pancakes.
"Those look good"
"Me and Palette think so to"
Dream said taking another bite of his breakfast and looking over at Blue. Then appearing to be some what puzzled.
"Where did you get that?.."
"Oh um, a friend- I got it from a friend"
"A friend..."
Dream looked at the hoodie
"Yes?.."
"...Is he just friend~"
"Dad! Don't be weird!"
Palette screamed at the chuckling Ink, Blue blushed sitting down next to Dream and his suspicious gaze.
"Yep! Just a friend hehe...eh..."
"Oh really..."
"Dream don't be like that"
Ink interrupted, swatting a spoon at Dream's hand.
"Stop it"
"Love you to honey~"
Ink jokingly teased as he went back to cooking. Dream giggled slightly.
"I'm not honey but you know I definitely am sweet~"
"Hmhmhm... I do, and now I might want some sugar~"
Again Dream giggled, Palette groaned
"Get a room you two"
Blue snorted and had to keep from laughing, Palette laughed watching his parents faces get covered in color. Ink had to hold in his laughter as Dream scolded their son.
Other than that though breakfast went well, except when Blue went to leave. Him and Dream were the only ones left in the kitchen, and just as Blue was about to leave-
"So Blue..."
"Ya?.."
"I know Ink told me to stop questioning you and being nosy... But that hoodie looks really familiar, who's your 'friend'."
"Um...I forgot..."
Blue only realized how bad and stupid that sounded after he said it. And from the looks of it Dream did to.
"You...forgot..."
"I-I guess..."
Dream's look of skepticism changed to one of slight concern.
"I know it sometimes freaks you out...but I know you're happy, I can feel your emotions after all... But if there's something going on- even something good you know you can tell me, right?"
"Ya...of course... But I feel like there's something else..."
"Hm? What else, what else could there be?"
"...I don't know, it's just I know you and when you say stuff like this there's normally more than what you're telling me..."
"Um well-"
"I'm just asking for the same courtesy that you're asking of me..."
Dream appeared unsure then sighed
"It's probably not a big deal... I'm probably just being paranoid..."
"But..."
"But I haven't been able to see or even sense your dreams lately. And it's probably not even a big deal... It's just... The only other time I wasn't able to to sense a dream, was when Nightmare was in it..."
"Ok so?"
"So!?-"
Dream realizing he was yelling breathed and relaxed a little.
"So he could and has messed with creatures in there dreams to get into their head..."
"...He'd do something bad if he gets in someones dream...right?.."
"Yes! Obviously!"
"O-Ok..."
Dream again realizing that he's starting to freak out calms down.
"What does that have to do with my friends hoodie?.."
Blue asked and Dream sighed again
"You asked if there was more that I was worrying about...there was...and also the hoodie just looked like my brothers... He was already on my mind, I'm probably just worrying is all..."
"It's ok...you can worry, but you should know that you don't have to..."
Blue gave Dream a hug
"Ok..."
Dream hugged Blue back
"I'll try not to worry..."
"Good..."
They both let go of each other and Blue smiled.
"I'm gonna go back to my room, you go relax and hang out with your family."
"I think of you as part of my family..."
"Oh ya, I do to. But you know what I'm trying to get at right?"
"Ya, ya I do"
"Good, I'll see ya later ok?"
"Ok bye Blue"
"Bye"
After that Blue walked off to his room, he walked in, closed the door, and sat on his bed. He almost wanted it to be night again so he could go back to his dream.
Looking at himself and the hoodie he had on, he snuggled up in it and breathed.
"I'll just have to wait a bit longer..."
...
Nightmare woke up with a groan, getting randomly kicked out of Blue's dream. He sat up and reached for his jacket, but just ended up tumbling out of bed and hitting the floor with a loud *THUD*.
"Ow..."
Getting up Nightmare looked on the nightstand for his hoodie. It was gone?
"What. The. Fuck."
Nightmare quickly got into his corrupted form and put on a shirt, then exited his room, walking into the kitchen to find his whole team in there. They all sleep late, so what the hell are they doing up? It didn't matter and Nightmare walked angrily into the kitchen, confused stares followed him until he stopped.
"Hey boss, why you up so la-"
"Ok which one of you idiots took my shit!"
No one said anything, they were all to tired to say anything. Nightmare realizing that and also the fact that he was being sort of vague, didn't yell and changed his words.
"My jacket is missing- Did any of you take it?"
"Why would anyone take your stuff... Let alone your jacket."
Horror snarkly said, making the king grumble.
"It's gone-"
"And you don't think you could've lost it?"
Cross questioned almost just as annoyed as Nightmare was at this point. Letting out a groan Nightmare sat down still annoyed.
"I'm to fucking tired to deal with this right now. What time is it?"
"Uh nine?"
Killer answered, unsure if it was the best decision, especially with how annoyed the king was.
"It's fucking nine!? And no one thought to wake me up!"
"I...I think that if we did then you'd some how find a way to be more pissed..."
Dust said almost in a hushed whisper. Nightmare was going to say something but...yes, he probably would've been more pissed if he got dragged out of Blue's dream earlier than he did. So he just sighed, and let his head fall onto the table, still exhausted despite it being nine, three hours later than the time he would have woken up.
"Yep...guess you're right..."
No one said anything once again, they didn't want to tip Nightmare over the edge. He was obviously in some sort of mood. Why? They didn't know and they weren't going to find out.
"We'll give you time to wake up... We'll be in the living room, if you want to hang out after..."
Nightmare looked at Cross with a tired and grim expression. That was enough of some sort of answer, or they didn't want to pry more and try and get one.
"Ok, well see ya"
The team started to leave, until Nightmare was alone. Once he was he picked his head up off of the counter and got himself some coffee. Taking a few sips he put the coffee down and he started to think.
"He actually didn't care... He thought it was fine..."
Nightmare started to smile
"He's the first one that's excepted me... Hell even my brother couldn't do that when I was normal... Let alone like this..."
Nightmare let out a small sigh, putting his elbow on the counter and laying his head in his hand.
"He made me feel like someone, and he made me feel happy!.. And as much as I don't want my brother to know, I enjoyed being happy with him."
Letting out a small happy chuckled, Nightmare finished his drink and said-
"I just need to wait a bit longer..."