Memories

A few months after Blue arrived and settled, Cross had his and Killer's baby. A small little boy named Falx, who to Blue and just about everyone else was adorable. Before having the little boy, Cross would go on and on...and on...about how he knew him Killer were having one, he could just feel it deep somewhere in his soul that they were having a little boy or at least that's what he said. Being now about fourish months along, Blue started to have his own feelings about his baby... But they weren't the same as Cross's...
"Would he be ok if they...I hope so... I-I mean I love them! I would- But Nightmare...I can't tell with him some-"
"Why are you talking about me BabeBlue?~"
Nightmare cooed at his little mate that was currently holding his child inside him. Nightmare took a seat next to Blue, placing a hand on the now robust belly that Blue was also pawing at.
"No, I'm not Nighty"
"Hm alright, then how are you two doing?"
"Good, um s-she's a little less active today"
"Oh good- Wait she?.."
A surprised yet serious look appeared on Nightmare's face, concerning Blue for no more than a moment and causing him to chuckle awkwardly.
"Y-Ya um- You know how Cross had those feelings and stuff about maybe having a boy?.."
"Ya I do, he wouldn't shut up about it..."
"Hehe ya, so-"
"Do you think you're having feelings like that but instead about it being a girl?"
"Well...maybe, I did look up something's- o-of course it was all mostly superstition bu-"
"Blue..."
"Hm- Ya?"
"Don't worry about all of that, if you think we're having a baby girl that's ok."
Blue felt small rubs on his belly from his partner and smiled.
"You'd would be ok- happy? If they were?"
"I would be more than happy Blue, it could grow up and identify as an octopus for all I'd care and I would still love them."
"Pfft- Well I don't believe that'll happen, but I'm glad you'd love them no matter how they identify-"
"I'm still going with octopus~"
Blue snorted again, bursting out laughing as Nightmare did the same and held Blue close...
When they were sharing that happy moment...there was a much less happy one being shared between another couple...
"Dream...think about it, he knows you're mad-"
"Ink I'm more than fucking mad!- You know what he did to us-"
"Us? Dream there is no us in this, it's just you"
Ink and Dream were currently arguing about what had happen a few months prior...and it was playing out just like it had been before... Dream scowled, stepping at Ink as he snarled.
"What do you mean just me!? He did this to the both of us- To Palette!-"
"Dream you can't just say we're mad about this when it's clearly just you!"
"It's Nightmare Ink!-"
"And I've come to terms with it already! Just because you can't doesn't mean you should take it out on me, and make our son suffer because of it!"
"What do you mean taking it out on him!? I'm keeping him safe! Something you obviously don't want to do!-"
"Oh here you go again with this!"
The both of them kept yelling at one another...not even noticing their child standing in the hall way...crying...as he watched them fight...
"Mm...Why won't they stop..."
"No Ink! We are not talking to Blue again, and he is never stepping foot in this house!-"
"I miss Unca Blue!- I wanna see him again!"
Dream and Ink looked over at their child, saddened and shocked as they did so...
"Baby-"
"No!- I want him back! So you guys will stop fighting! So we can be happy!"
"No...honey...no... We are happy, we are..."
Ink ran over to his child, and held him in his arms.
"And I know you miss him...I do-..."
He stopped talking when he saw the glare his spouse gave him...it made him mad to see that glare...sad even...even more so when he saw it persist as he walked over...
"We know you miss him, but he won't be coming back honey... But we'll still be happy...just the three of us together..."
Letting Dream slide into the hug, Ink wrapped his other arm around him and pulled them all close.
"We can be...and we will be, so please just...don't bother us when we're like that... We never want you to see us like that..."
"Ok...and I love you..."
"Aw, we love you to baby! So much!"
Ink squeezed the both of them close and made them all giggle and laugh happily, then they spent time with one another to try and boost the mood back up again... But it only lasted so long, more specifically until that night... Ink was already laying in bed, just waiting for Dream to lay down next to him. It only took a couple minutes for his lover to get out of the shower and then lay down next to Ink. Turning a little Ink put his arms around Dream's ecto, then tracing the small stretch marks that riddled his abdomen from Palette. Dream whines a little, feeling rather self-conscious about them...
"Do you remember how happy you were? When we finally saw his little bundle of magic dancing around inside you?"
"I...I do..."
"You were so happy, you know that..."
"Of course I was..."
"So imagine how hard it was for him Dream? When you kicked him out?.. That was the happiest day of his life..."
"..."
"Dream-"
"I-I know... But that child...it's made from corruption...not happiness...not love..."
Dream put his hands over Ink's, gripping them tightly.
"I love our baby...Hm, I wanna have more...even though it was hard for us the first time-"
"You don't think it's fair do you?.."
"What do-"
"You don't think it's fair that your enemy of a brother, and you're friend that you were so close to had a child so easily...when it was so hard for the both of us..."
"..."
"Dream admit-"
"I'm not jealous, I'm not...I want more kids though, yes, that...I want to have more children with you..."
Ink let out a tiny sigh, gripping Dream tighter.
"We'll...talk about that tomorrow then..."