Chapter 1

Edited

Tomorrow is the first day of high school and boy, and I wasn't ready for what was coming. My best friend, Olivia Whitlock, and I were inside of her room talking about our outfits, what we were going to bring for lunch, and even showing each other what we packed in our backpacks.

Olivia had been my best friend ever since I moved here when I was in 1st grade. She was one of the prettiest girls I've seen. She had wavy, long, red hair. With bright hazel eyes. 

"Should I straighten my hair or curl?" She asked as she posed and admired herself in the mirror. Right then the doorbell rang.                                                                                                                      

"Expecting someone?" I asked, looking out of her window to see who it was. She pouted as she shook her head. 

She ran downstairs to open the door. I stayed in her room and waited, glimpsing at her paintings. She was very talented. I've always wanted to learn to paint like her, but it took a lot of patience, which is something I don't have. 

I heard a squeal and some laughter downstairs and decided to go and check it out. Just to my surprise, it was Olivia's boyfriend, Will.

  "Oh, hey, Will," I said, slightly waving. I look over at Olivia and find that she's holding flowers.        "William got me flowers for good luck!" She hugged Will again. 

I smiled and nodded. I was happy for Olivia, but I kind of felt a little hurt. Will and I used to be VERY close. I met him way before I met Olivia. You see, my parents were always busy when I was younger. Always going on work trips and never around. When I moved here, to California, Will and his family moved with me. 

In 6th grade, I did certainly have a crush on Will and there were lots and lots of rumors, but my parents told me it was just a 'phase'. 

When we moved on to 7th grade, Will and I slowly started going our own ways. (I put all the blame towards puberty.) I miss my friendship with Will but friends don't last I guess. 

The next news I hear, Olivia and Will were DATING. I was in complete shock. I remember later that day, I came home very emotional. I was mad...or jealous...

They've been together since. I guess they were meant for each other. 

Will waved back at me and smiled. Olivia went over to the kitchen to put the flowers in a vase.

 "How has it been?" he asked, stepping inside.

 I crossed my hands and sighed, "it could be better."  

Will stepped closer to me, making me feel a little uncomfortable. "I'm sorry, Gabby," he said softly. "I'm sorry for everything." 

I wasn't sure about what he was apologizing for. He didn't do anything-okay, maybe one or two. I still blame puberty.

I scoffed. "There's nothing to be sorry about. You found your soulmate, and I can't do anything with that." 

I stepped away from Will so we wouldn't get caught by Olivia. 

"Guess I'll see you around?"  he said, running his fingers through his dark, blonde hair.  I nodded and headed out the door before he could say anything else.

A/N: Sorry this chapter was short. As you continue to read the book, I extend the length of the chapters so be prepared for that. Thanks for reading!