Chapter Seventeen

Edited 

"So I'm not in trouble?" I asked Mom. 

After school, when we went home, my dad had to go to work. And my mom decided to stay home for the rest of the day.

"What for?" Mom asked. 

What for? Did she really just ask 'What for'?. 

"Oh, I don't know, maybe for punching Kathy and calling her a brat?"

My mom snapped into the realization of what I was talking about. "Ohh...no need for the sarcasm. Yeah, your father and I talked."

I raised my eyebrows. This could either turn out good or bad. 

Mom sat next to me on the couch and sighed. She put her hand on my right shoulder.

"You've already been through a lot, Gab. Besides, you were defending yourself. What Kathy said to you was not right."

"And harmful," I pointed out, smiling. 

"And harmful," Mom repeated. "Just next time, try using you're words instead of your hands. We don't want it to affect your schooling for the future."

I agreed by nodding. "Thanks, Mom." 

She smiled and kissed me on my forehead. "Of course, Gabby." 

Mom got up from the chair and headed to the kitchen. 

"I'm going to Liam's!" I called out, grabbing my jacket. 

"Okay, hon! Be back before 7!" She called back. 

I rushed out the door and biked over to Liam's house.

As I was entering Liam's property, I noticed that no cars were home. I hope his mom was just at work or something. I barely had seen Liam all day. 

I knocked on the door and Ryan answered it. 

"Hey, Ryan! How are you!" I greeted him. 

"Good!" he replied, bringing me into a hug. 

"Aww, that's great to hear!" 

We broke out of the hug. 

"Is Liam home?" I asked. 

He nodded and let me in. I slowly walked upstairs and as I made it to the hallway, I heard Liam laughing along with another voice. 

He might be on facetime?

I pressed my ear slowly against the door to eavesdrop. 

"Why are you with her anyway?" I heard a high-pitched voice say. 

"I honestly don't know," I heard Liam reply. 

I heard smooching noises that's when I'd had enough. I burst through the door, and to my surprise, It was Kathy Morris with Liam, and they were both making out...

A/N: *GASPPPP HOW COULD LIAM DO THATTT

They both froze as soon as they heard the door open. 

"Liam?" I said softly, letting all my tears run down my eyes. 

He pushed Kathy off of her and immediately got up. "It's not what it looks like, Gabby." Liam walked towards me. 

I pushed him away and crossed my arms. "Looks pretty obvious to me. You're-you're cheating on me with the one girl I'd never thought you would...K-Kathy."

I gave her a filthy look. She was wearing one of those very short skirts, with fishnets under, and the only thing on top of her was her bra. I noticed her shirt on the floor. Liam was wearing his shirt though. 

"Gabby, I'm so sorry...I swear to you it meant nothing-"

"How could you do this to me?!" I yelled. "What did I ever do to you?!"

"I could explain-" 

"You know what?" I said, cutting Liam off. He stared at the ground with guilt. "Screw this. I should have seen this coming before." I pointed to Liam and back at myself. "This? This is over Liam. You're really messed up." 

Without allowing him to say anything else, I ran out of the house, crying. 

I didn't want to go home yet. So the only person I could think of, Lucas.

I hadn't seen him in a long time. I never had the time to reach out to him, but I biked over to his house anyway. 

I knocked on the door begging Lucas would answer. Looks like the universe heard me because just a second later, Lucas opened the door. 

"Gabby? What's wrong? Are you okay?" He said, noticing me crying. 

"I-" I said, not even being able to speak. 

"Come in," Lucas said, gently grabbing my arm and bringing me in. 

He sat me down on the couch and handed me a box of tissues. 

I told Lucas everything that happened in school then what Liam did to me. 

"I don't know why I didn't see it coming!" I said, wiping my eyes with a kleenex tissue. 

He brought me into a hug. "You didn't deserve it, Gabby. I'm sorry. He's such a jerk."

I sniffled. "Thanks."

I looked at the time with my phone. It was 6:55.

"I should get going," I told Lucas. I looked around the empty house of Lucas's. 

"Do you maybe want to come over to my house for dinner? I think she's cooking a casserole dish."

Lucas chuckled. "Heh, I'd love that. Thanks."

We both headed out the door. I slowly rode my bike with Lucas on my side. 

He was a good friend, no, a great one. 

A/N: Did you like the chapter? Don't forget to vote! Thank you!<3