Chapter Twenty-One

Edited 

"Good luck, Gabby," Lucas said, getting up and leaving. He patted me on my head and left the rooftop. 

Liam sat right beside me and sighed. I felt him looking at me as I was looking at my fingers. 

"Can you promise me one thing?" Liam said softly. 

"Depends," I mumbled. 

"Please, I have lots and lots of explaining to do. So, please, listen to me," He begged. 

I nodded. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Okay." 

Three weeks ago

After Kathy and Gabby's fight

Liam's POV

"Gabby? Why the hell did you do that?!" I said to my girlfriend, Gabby. 

Kathy was clutching her nose as blood dripped down.

"Oh, well maybe because she was talking trash about us and making fun of my scar!" Gabby yelled. 

Making fun of her scar? How did Kathy even know about that? I didn't have the chance to say anything else because the principal took Kathy and Gab away. 

***

I hope Gabby was okay. Did she get suspended? No, it was self-defense. Was it though? I-

"Dude, hello? Where are we going for lunch?" James asked. 

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Umm, I don't know. Y'all could choose."

"Outside it is," Miah said, leading the way outside. 

Once we settled down on a bench, I played with my food, worried about Gabby. My phone screen lights up and I notice it says, Kathy. I swear I blocked her number after we broke up.

'If you don't get back with me, I swear, I will expose your dad. Not just that, I will tell all of them the truth about our relationship. How you were with me for my money? Nobody would care that you were doing it for your mom. And how you're dad actually died and didn't really leave you? Yep, all of that. So make up you're choice, honey.'

I almost choked on my food when I read the message. 

"You good, Liam?" Greyson asked. 

"Y-yeah I'm good," I forced a chuckle. "Just a funny video someone sent me."

"Ooh, let me see!" Miah said. 

"NO!" I accidentally yelled. 

They all looked at me confused.

"Well, would you look at that, my phone died! Heh..." I said, trying to make up lies. 

They went back to eating their food and talking to each other. Meanwhile, I was texting Kathy back.

'Why are you doing this to me?' I sent. 

'Because you're with that dork,' she replied. 

'Don't call her that,' I sent. 

'Haha. Make me. Anyways, are you in this or not?' she sent. 

'Fine. Just please stay quiet.' I sent. 

***

After school...

I made my way downstairs after hearing the doorbell ring. I opened it and saw Kathy. 

"What are you doing here?!" I asked, pushing her in so Gabby wouldn't see her.

She was wearing the weirdest clothes ever. Fishnets with a skirt and a ting-top. 

"I came here to see my Liam," she replied, smiling mischievously. 

"'My Liam'?" I repeated. "You're not going to call me that."

Kathy made her way upstairs without warning. 

"Where are you going?" I yelled, following her up. 

I found her in my room, admiring my hockey trophies. 

"You've changed ever since we broke up," she stated. 

I put my hands in my pocket and looked down. "I know." 

She walked up to me. "Now, if you don't want me to expose you, then you're going have to kiss me whenever I say so."

"What!? That's not fair! I have a girlfriend!" I exclaimed. 

"I know," Kathy said. "Why do you think I'm doing this?" She laughed hysterically. 

"You're trying to break Gabby and me up," I said, putting two-and-two together. 

She nodded her head and smiled. "Kiss me," she said.

Hesitantly I leaned my head in and kissed her. 

She clapped her hands enthusiastically. "Again, again!" 

Kathy sounded just like a child. I groaned and did what she said. Kathy looked out of my window and her facial expression changed. Kathy looked like she saw Justin Bieber.  I was too upset to even ask her what it was about, so I sat on the edge of the bed and sighed. 

She came up to me and made me lean back. Kathy sat on top of me and smiled. 

"When I say go, you're going to act super happy and say 'I honestly don't even know'. Mk?" Kathy said. 

"Whatever," I replied.

She laughed hysterically again. Seriously, what is wrong with her?

"Why are you with her anyway?" Kathy said loudly. "Go," she whispered. 

"I honestly don't even know..." I said, unaware that Gabby was listening to all of this. 

Kathy kissed me again then the door bust open. 

Back to Gabby's POV

"...and then, you came in and left before I could explain." 

Tears were streaming down my face but I didn't say anything. 

"I was going through so much. That's why I kissed that girl back there, Phoebe. I told her everything first but I promise you, that kiss meant nothing," Liam added, also with some tears running down his cheeks. 

I immediately hugged Liam tightly. 

"I'm so sorry for everything," I said to him. "I'm sorry about you're dad, I'm sorry you were blackmailed, I-"

"-I'm sorry for lying. I should have told you the truth on what Kathy was doing," Liam said, hugging me back. 

I nodded my head. We broke out of the hug and both sighed. 

Liam cupped his hands on my cheeks. "I love you so much, Gabby. More than anything. From the day I first saw you, I love you." 

"I love you too, Liam," I replied. 

And with that, Liam and I both kissed each other. This kiss was different from all the other ones we'd had. It felt nice to finally have my Liam Collins back.