Chapter Sixteen

A/N: We've reached more than 100 reads! Thank you:)! <3 

Today was the first day of sophomore year. I was super excited! I wore my favorite pair of leggings, along with my favorite purple hoodie. 

And if you're thinking about what happened with my parents and me... They had me start therapy. My first session wasn't too bad. My therapist was nice and we talked about a lot of things. Luckily, she wasn't in a rush at all. That meant that she didn't even mention my scar or what I did to myself. She said that she wanted to take things slowly.

Now, back to the first day of school...

I met Liam and some of his friends at the front campus of the school. 

"Gab, this is Grant, Miah, Greyson, and James," Liam said, gesturing his hands to his friends. I waved at them. And they casually waved back.  

"I should find Ava and Grace," I said, giving Liam a peck on the cheeks. "See you later."

I pulled out my phone to text Jayden. She said that she was going to be a little late due to some issues. 

"Hey, Jayden. Are you here-" I started writing. But then, I ran into Kathy, Olivia, and some other brats. 

"Well, well, well," Olivia said. 

"Look who it is," said Kathy. "The ugliest girl in school who's in love with my Liam."

Some of the girls chuckled and I scoffed.

"'You're Liam'?" I questioned. "Heh, you wish." I rolled my eyes. 

She crossed her arms and smirked. "What's that scar on your wrist, huh?"

I looked down at the scar and quickly put my hands in my pockets. "It's for me to know and for you to mind your own business."

Kathy grabbed my arm and rolled up my sleeves. She laughed and I started blushing with anger. "Looks like insecurities to me. HAH! I can't believe you cut yourself because you think you're ugly. If I was you, I would have killed myself. In fact, if you can't do it yourself, I could do it for you!"

All the girls started laughing besides Olivia. She faked laughed then stared at the ground with her arms crossed. 

I looked over at Olivia with teary eyes. "This is what you've turned into? My own best friend, now a part of these entitled brats."

She didn't say anything and continued to stare at the ground. 

Kathy stepped up in front of Olivia. "You know what you need to do? Get your fat-discusting-looking-dork out of here!" She yelled. 

"Shut up!" I yelled back.

The next thing I know? My fist punched Kathy directly in the face. Her nose starts bleeding. Kids started circling around us. 

"What the hell!" She shrieked. Kathy put her hand in front of her nose, trying to stop the bleeding.

It felt good, only for about a second. Liam and his friends came rushing through the crowds. 

"Gabby? Why the hell did you do that?!" Liam said.  

So he was defending her? 

"Oh, well maybe because she was talking trash about us and making fun about my scar!" I said, a little too loudly. 

"What in the world is going on in here?!" the principal shouted, telling all the students to move back. "Kathy, Gabby, in my office. RIGHT NOW!" 

Shoot, this isn't going to look good in my college application. 

"Thank you Mrs and Mr Andersons. I'll see you here in a few." Ms. Bartley hung up the phone and sighed. She looked up at us. "You're parents are both going to come soon."

Kathy cursed under her breath and I rolled my eyes. 

"Careful, they might get stuck up there," she ridiculed.

I made a mocking face. 

"I can't believe you think Liam loves you. If he were with me, that's what you would call true love." She smiled, looked up, and sighed. 

"Atleast I have a boyfriend, unlike someone I know." 

Kathy gasped at the insult. 

"Girls, stop it. Why did you start fighting anyway?" Ms. Bartley asked. 

"She called me and my friends entitled brats," said Kathy.

"She made fun of my scar I have on wrist and I quote, said: "I can't believe you cut yourself because you think you're ugly. If I was you, I would have killed myself. In fact, if you can't do it yourself, I could do it for you!" I made quoting gestures with my hands. 

Kathy glared at me angrily for exposing her. I looked back at her and smiled. 

Ms. Bartley grew in frustration. "Kathy Morris! I cannot believe you said that! You said you would have killed her?!"

"I didn't mean it! Besides, you wouldn't get it, Ms. Bartley, you're a boomer!" Kathy said. 

"Excuse me young lady-" Ms. Bartley started. 

But then, there was a knock on the door and both of my parents and Kathy's parents walked through the door. 

Ms. Bartley stood up to greet them. 

My parents sat besides me while Kathy's did the same. 

"Mrs and Mr Andersons, Mrs and Mr Morris, I want to thank you guys for coming in this early. From what I saw," Ms. Bartley glanced at me, "you're daughters got into a serious argument."

"Oh, my," Mrs. Morris gasped. 

"About what?" My mom said, looking down at me. I couldn't tell if she was talking to me or Ms. Bartley. Ms. Bartley started talking anyway. 

"According to Kathy, Gabby called her and Kathy's friends entitled brats," Ms. Bartley explained. 

"What? Gabby how could-" my father started, but Ms. Bartley raised her hand, telling my dad to stop. 

"According to Gabby, Kathy technically told Gabby to kill herself because Kathy saw some scar on Gabby's wrist." 

"She WHAT?" Kathy's mom said, burning with anger. 

"Kathy Ernest Morris, did you say that to Gabby?" Kathy's dad said, sharply. 

"Yes," Kathy mumbled quietly. 

"Gab, did you call her an entitled brat before or after she told you that?" My dad asked softly. 

"After...but then, I kinda got really mad then punch her..." I admitted. 

My mom and dad both looked at each other and didn't say anything. 

"I'm so sorry my daughter did that, Gabby. You didn't deserve it," Mrs. Morris said apologeticly.

"Thanks," I said, staring at the ground. 

"Thank you," my mom said to Kathy's mom. 

"And for you young lady," Mrs. Morris said to Kathy. "You can't be entitled to everything you have. You have to earn it. From this day forward, no new purse, no new phones, or no using your dad's credit card until you're grades are up. Got it?"

Kathy slowly rose up from her chair and started laughing hysterically. 

Everybody looked at Kathy confused.

"You're joking, right?" Kathy said, wiping her laughing tears away. 

Kathy's mom smiled. "Nope."

Finally, Kathy getting what she deserves. I couldn't wait until she left me alone. 

Not how I planned spending my first day as a sophomore, but I'll take it!