Chapter Seven

Edited

"So, can I do your makeup?" Olivia asked as we were walking back to Olivia's house to get ready for the party.

Today was the day. I was super excited about the first-ever school party that I was going to! 

"And can I pick your dress?" Jayden asked.

I remember how awful I looked in dresses. I've never worn makeup before, but I was pretty excited.

"But I really want to impress Liam!" I said, looking down at the ground as we walked. 

"Liam should like you for who you are, not for how you look like!" Jayden said. 

I pretended to agree, even though I didn't. Most guys cared for looks...not for personalities! 

When we got to Olivia's room, Jayden picked me out a beautiful navy blue pigmented dress. I put it on to see what it looks like.

"Oh my gosh! You look amazing!" Olivia said, turning me around to get a better look from all angles. 

"Yeah! It really brings out your curves!" Jayden said.

I stared at her shockingly. I had curves? Suddenly, I got more excited than ever and looked in the mirror. For the first time in forever, I looked beautiful even without makeup!

"I-I look beautiful," I said softly.

The girls put their hands on my shoulders. 

"You've always had!" Olivia said. 

"Yeah!" Jayden said.

I felt beautiful is what I meant to say, I was speechless...falling in love with my own self for the first time in a long time!

Olivia finished up my makeup and hair. She curled my hair then brushed it out to have a 'defined curl' look and it looked marvelous!

"Well, here we are girls!" Mrs. Whitlock said, stopping at the house, not bothering to park. It was absolutely full. "Please, be safe, call if you need anything, and don't get kidnapped!"

We scrambled out of the car and headed inside the house. It was horribly loud. We greeted some people we recognized and finally found Liam. 

"Gabby, hey!" He said, looking at my body top to bottom. "Y-you look stunning!" 

I blushed and smiled, looking into his bright, blue eyes. I noticed him holding a can.

"I-is that beer?" I said, a bit agitated. 

He nodded. "Wanna try some?" 

"N-no...I'm staying sober for tonight. We are only in 9th grade. Isn't it a little too early?" 

He smiled sweetly again and shrugged. I swear that smile gets me every time. "It's okay, just have fun!" Quickly, he disappeared into the crowd and loud rap music started playing.

I decided to grab a can of soda and settle somewhere outside where the campfire was running. Suddenly, I run into the last person I would want to run into; Kathy Morris. 

"Ugh! Watch where you're going, fool!" Kathy said, spilling the can of Pepsi onto my dress.

"What the hell!" I shouted. The music was loud enough at my shout sounded like a whisper. "You got my dress soaked!" 

Kathy left without saying anything else and-great, another person I wasn't wanting to see. "I could hold your drink for you?" Will said, taking the drink out of my hand. "Go wash up. I'll keep your drink here."

I rolled my eyes without saying anything and found the bathroom to wash up. When I came back, I decided to bring an extra Pepsi just in case I lost Will. 

As I went towards the campfire, I noticed Lucas was there next to Will.

"Lucas! Hi!" I said, giving him a hug.

"Hey, Gab. I wasn't expecting you to be here."

Will handed me back my drink and left. Lucas then went close to me and whispered, "Do not drink that, Gabby. Dump it, now." His voice was so serious, I felt his warm breath breathe near my ear. Without saying anything, I dumped out the drink and didn't talk about the Pepsi for the rest of the time I was with Lucas. 

***

I kept thinking about what Will could have put in there. I shuddered through my thoughts.

Suddenly, everyone started dancing and I decided to join in. I went in with Jayden and we danced to the music. I felt a little sick, so I went over to the bathroom again. When I went, the door was open and I saw Liam. He saw that I saw him so he quickly pushed me against the wall.

I got instantly freaked out.

"Gabby, I love you..." he said and kissed me.

I didn't know what to say or do because he was obviously drunk, so his words weren't true. He didn't know what he was saying.

So, I did the only thing that came to my brain, this was a 1-in-a-lifetime chance, (not really), I kissed Liam Collins back...