Chapter Nine

Edited

I took off home after dumping Lucas. When I got inside I slammed my door and ran up to my room

Tears running down my eyes, I receive a phone call from Liam. How the hell did he get my number? Ugh, Olivia. Typical her. 

I throw my phone onto the ground, not even caring about it breaking. Mad at myself, I stomp downstairs and look through cabinets, not even knowing what I'm looking for. I find a pomegranate knife and cut my wrist with it.

I screeched in pain and screamed as the blood dripped down my fingers onto the floor. I dropped the knife and went down on my knees, my mascara getting smeared in the process. 

The front door screeched open and I quickly turned around to see who it was.

Lucas...

His face was in shock when he saw the blood and the bloody knife. He ran over to me and started checking on me making sure I was okay. Clearly, I was not. Lucas picked up the knife and put it out of my reach. Then, he hugged me tightly and I started crying again.

"I'm sorry," I wailed. "Lucas, I'm sorry!"

"Don't be. I'm sorry for pressuring you." He let go of the hug and I stared at the ground. "Listen to me, okay? We're going to get you cleaned up and relaxed."

I sniffled and nodded at the same time. 

Lucas helped me up and made me sit on the dining chair. He cleaned the wound and put a band-aid on it. Then, we cleaned the blood and the knife. Lucas brought me up to my bed and made me rest in it.

"Why are you doing this, Lucas? I just practically dumped you and you're still being nice to me?" I asked as he handed me a hot cup of tea. My wrist stung me as I was receiving the hot cup.

"Of course, Gabby. At first, I came here to apologize, then I heard muffled screaming from the outside. I instantly got worried and I saw the door was unlocked," Lucas replied, sitting on the edge of my bed. "Can you tell me what happened? I understand if you do-" 

"Last night," I said, cutting off Lucas, "I went over to the bathroom. And you know Liam, right?" I asked. 

Lucas nodded. 

"Well, he was drunk...and he kissed me..."

"He did WHAT?" Lucas said, getting up from his seat. "Oh, I'm going to beat the hell outta him." He clenched his fist as if he was ready to fight.

I grabbed Lucas's wrist. "Not so fast, big guy." 

"So you like him?" Lucas implied.

"What? No-I didn't say that!" I argued. 

"Okay, did you kiss him back though?" Lucas said, being a little nosy. 

"That's NONE of your business!" I said, placing my cup of tea down. "We're not a couple anyway! Why do you seem jealous?!" I paused, realizing what I had just said. I grabbed his wrist. "Lucas, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way I-"

"I'mma go, now. You seem to be doing good." Before I could say anything else, he was out the door.

I laid my head back and sighed. How stupid could I get?