Chapter Three

Edited 

"You ready for freshmen year?" Lucas asked, as we finally made it to the bus stop. 

This year, Mom and Dad were FINALLY letting me take the metro bus. (Mostly because Lucas was going to be there). 

I inhaled a deep breath and nodded. We got on the bus and found a place to sit. Lucas and I sat right next to each other. I could tell Lucas was a bit nervous. I sat up straight and made sure to not get into anyone's way. 

"Why, you two are such a sweet couple," an old lady said, pointing to me and Lucas. 

"Oh, ma'am, we're not-" Lucas had started, but the old lady wasn't finished. My face flushed with embarrassment. 

"I remember my husband and I were just like you too, young love," the old lady sighed, "so beautiful. Well, this is my spot! I hope your relationship lasts! Bye!"

Lucas and I looked at each other, first blushed, then burst out laughing. During our next few stops, we weren't bothered and made it to school safely.

***

"So, are you dating Lucas yet?" Olivia asked, playfully shoving me.

I grabbed my books from my locker and closed it shut. "No. And like I tell you every year, we won't ever date, we're just f-r-i-e-n-d-s." 

"Friends with benefits?" She asked, a little too loud.

"Shh! And, NO!" 

"What are friends with benefits?" My other best friend, Jayen asked. 

"You know, friends that hug, kiss-" Olivia explained. 

"Shut up!" I hollered. 

Some eyes shot towards us and I looked to my friends. They smiled brightly at me as I shook my head. 

They went off to their next class and I started heading to my next class, History. My least favorite subject. I headed over to the room and took a seat. I started reading the whiteboard that had the teacher's name. 'Ms. Czeslaw' It read. 

"What do you think you're doing?" said a voice. I look up and just to my surprise, it's Kathy Morris. 

"Trying to pronounce the history teacher's name..?" I replied, puzzled. 

"You're in my seat, dimwit." 

"Oh, sorry." There were a few giggles, but I continued to switch to another desk. 

"Hello, class! I'm Ms. Czaslaw or Ms. C. I'm so excited to have you guys this year..." Ms. C continued to talk and I glanced over at Kathy, she smirked evilly. 

I look over at the other students, and that's when I find my eyes staring at a dude with puffy, curly, light blonde hair. With freckles and blue eyes looking right back at me.