Chapter Twenty

A few hours before the Winter Dance...

"Jayden! That dress looks amazing on you," I exclaimed, spinning her around. 

She tugged her dress down. "Err...are you sure? What if he doesn't like the dress?" 

"Are you kidding?" Ava said. "It's perfect. Ethan must be crazy if he doesn't like the dress."

Jayden frowned. She turned to look at us and we smiled at her, giving her a boost in confidence.

"Oh, alright," she finally said. 

Ava and I cheered and gave each other a high-five. All of a sudden, Bell, (A friend of Ava's, we were friendly to each other though), came through the door with a big container of makeup. 

"Where the hell did you get all of that?" Ava asked with wide eyes. 

"My mom is a makeup artist, remember?" Bell said, out of breath. 

We started doing each other's makeup, making our faces winter-themed. Grace refused to show up at the dance, saying that she'd rather study than show up to a 'stupid dance'. So, we let her be. Ava is convinced that Grace is a robot because she exclaims that 'all she ever does is study'. Which is kind of true. 

Bell started to do my makeup. I told her to put it on lightly and not too much and she reluctantly agreed. I decided to keep my hair out straight because last time I had curled it so I simply brushed it out. 

About thirty minutes later, we all finished getting dressed and made it to Bell's car which she drove us to the school. 

We met up with some other friends and greeted them. Then made our way to the gym. 

The first thing that met Bell's and my eyes were the food so we immediately rushed over and devoured all the sweets we could. There was pizza but we decided to eat that later. 

Ava then dragged Bell over to dance to their favorite music, and I was left alone at the food table. 

"Want to dance?" I heard a voice say. 

I whirl around and see Lucas. He was wearing a white flannel shirt with a black blazer on the top, followed by black trousers. His hair

"You look..." I started to say.

"Hot?" He said, finishing my sentence and smiling. 

"I would love to dance," I told him, changing the subject. 

He grabbed my hands and we both made our way to the dance floor. I saw my friends raising their eyebrows and winking at me but I ignored them. He put his hand around my waist and I put mine around his neck. I looked up at him and smiled brightly, while he sighed and smiled brighter. 

We didn't really talk to each other a lot, but instead danced slowly to the music and hummed. I glanced over to Jayden and Ethan as they both kissed each other. 

I chuckled which caused Lucas to question me. "What's wrong?" He asked. 

"Oh nothing," I said, sighing happily. 

You must be thinking, what about Lucas's girlfriend, Jasmine? Well, she's still here and we now get along pretty well actually. She's become one of my friends. Speaking about Jasmine, she goes up to Lucas. I knowingly take my hand off of Lucas's neck and he let go of me. 

"Here is your mans," I said, gesturing my hands towards Lucas. 

"Thanks, Gab," Jasmine said. "Catch you later?" 

I nodded and went back to the food table for some fruit punch. I pour myself a healthy amount and slowly take sips, glancing around the gym. My eyes land right on Liam and I see him kissing that same unknown girl. I've had enough. First, he cheats on me, then he cheats again? Well, it is Kathy and I would have cheated too. But I could believe it! This wasn't the Liam I knew when I first met him. I rush over to him angrily and mid-kiss, I spill the cup of fruit punch on his blue flannel.