Chapter Two

Obi-Wan looked at Anakin as they climbed the steps leading to the Jedi Temple. He could sense that his former Padawan was anxious, yet excited about something. They had been gone for three weeks on a mission on the planet Hypori. Obi-Wan knew that Anakin always loved returning to Coruscant, though he couldn't imagine why. The polluted air, the long and noisy traffic, the crooks; it was all a little too much for Obi-Wan. Not to mention, the politicians.

"I trust that you'll be heading off to, wherever it is you go, soon after our report?"

"I could be going several different places, Master. You don't know. But, to answer your nosy question, yes."

"I'm not nosy. You might want to say hello to Ahsoka before you leave. She seemed very disappointed when she learned that she couldn't go on the mission, I'm sure that she'll want to see you."

"Why? So I can tell her about being on a nearly pointless stakeout for two weeks? About sleeping in creepy, wet caves? She was lucky to get to stay home. But yeah, I guess I kinda missed the kid."

As soon as they entered the large doors into the temple, they were greeted by none other than Anakin's Padawan, Ahsoka Tano.

"Ah, hello, my young Padawan. I hope you didn't party too hard while I was gone. You know, studying and all," said Anakin with a smirk.

"You're hilarious, Master. Honestly, I don't know how I could survive without your wonderful humor. How did the mission go?"

And so, after Master and Padawan were reunited, Ahsoka continued to pester Anakin with question after question, until finally Anakin patiently told her to go and get some dinner.

"You're not eating?" said Ahsoka with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"Sorry, Snips, but after our report, I think I'll go out to eat. I'll see you later, though, and we can catch up on our sparring. Ok?"

"Ok. But if you don't mind my asking, where are you going?"

That's when Obi Wan stepped in. "Ahsoka, I've been trying to get the answer to that question out of him for a long time. It's no use."

"Oh, fine. But I'll find out someday, SkyGuy."

"Good luck with that. Later, Snips." And with that, Obi Wan and Anakin headed to the Council Room to report their (very few, if any) findings.