Chapter Eleven

The next morning, Ahsoka was walking through the halls of the temple, when Anakin passed by her with the same blank expression that always seemed to be on his face, except instead of practically ignoring like yesterday, he actually smiled and gave her a "Hey, Snips!"

I guess that "toaster-fixing" went well last night.

Ahsoka knew that she had to talk to him about what she knew. There was no time like the present.

"Master, we need to talk." She flinched at the disrespectful and demanding tone of her voice.

Thankfully, Anakin didn't seem to notice. "Sure, Snips. C'mon, let's go to my quarters."

Ahsoka followed her master for awhile, until they finally came to his door. He pressed the button, and the door slid open to reveal a simple bed like her own, along with some pod-racing posters and a few models of ships.

Ahsoka smiled. She was happy to see that no matter how much the war had changed him, he still kept up with simple hobbies.

Anakin sat down on the bed and motioned toward the spot next to him. Ahsoka politely rejected; she preferred to be standing when she told him. "What's troubling you, Ahsoka? I can sense that you're uneasy." Anakin had a calm, kind expression on his face.

"Alright, I'm just gonna come out and say it. Are you and Senator Amidala seeing each other?"

His calm expression quickly turned into one of confusion. "What do you mean, seeing each other?"

"I think you know what I mean, Master. Are you breaking the Jedi Code? A code you swore an oath to keep?" Ahsoka was beginning to get angry.

Anakin rose to his feet, rage evident in his voice. "How could you even think to ask that, Ahsoka? The Senator and I are simply friends. I've known her for a very long time, much longer than I've known you."

Ahsoka began to raise her voice. "Oh yeah, because what I saw with you two yesterday was totally how 'simply friends' would act around one another!"

"You have no right to go around snooping in Senator Amidala's and my business! I am a Jedi, Ahsoka, like you. I'm not about to risk getting expelled from the Order just for a woman!"

"Then explain to me why she isn't married, isn't even in any kind of relationship! And explain to me why you're so protective of her. If what half I've seen and heard is true, then I don't think she needs your protection!"

Anakin face twisted into an expression of pure anger. "Ahsoka, stop this! You realize that by saying this, you are greatly disrespecting the Senator! Did you ever stop to think of what this would do to her and her reputation if you spread this lie around? She's not married because she's too busy trying to stop this war to go on dinner dates!"

He doesn't trust me. He thinks that I'm going to tell everyone! I need to get him to confess.

Ahsoka decided to hit him where he was his weakest. "Really? Because Lux told me that the men of both the Republic and the Confederacy find Senator Amidala to be one of the most desirable women in the galaxy!"

Anakin's eyes were burning with what Ahsoka was sure was jealousy. "That's enough, Ahsoka. Don't you dare think that you know me." He was inches away from her now.

"You're right. I don't know you. The Anakin Skywalker I know would trust me; he wouldn't lie to me."

With tears threatening to spill, Ahsoka walked out of Anakin's quarters and went to meditate, trying desperately to get her Master's rage-filled voice out of her mind.

Author's Note: So yeah, pretty heated argument. Did any of y'all notice when I quoted the Clone Wars episode, "Rise of Clovis?" "Senator Amidala and I are simply friends." Man, Anakin's having trouble keeping his secret a secret!