Chapter Thirteen

"Do you want to know what I think?" asked Padmé.

Anakin and Padmé were sitting up in their bed, quietly discussing the fact that Ahsoka knew about their secret marriage.

"Of course I do. This is just as much your problem as it is mine." Anakin honestly didn't know what to do. Sure, he trusted Ahsoka with his life on the battlefield, but he wasn't quite ready to trust her with his personal life.

Padmé took her husband's hands in her own, staring at them for awhile before finally looking into his mysterious, passionate blue eyes.

"I think we should tell her the truth."

Anakin looked surprised. "Padmé, we haven't told anyone the truth about us. Not your parents, and especially not Obi Wan. Why do you want to tell Ahsoka?"

Padmé gave an exasperated huff, causing wisps of her hair to dance around her eyes. She looked at him as if the answer was staring him right in the face. "I think it's time we told someone, Anakin. I think it would do us both good if Ahsoka became a part of our secret. I know we can trust her, Ani." She smirked. "Besides, if she follows any of your teaching, she won't report you."

Anakin playfully rolled his eyes. "You make it sound easy. She's mad at me, Padmé. She thinks I don't trust her."

"Then prove that you do. I'll invite her over and we can tell her. And if she does, for whatever reason, report you to the Council, then maybe it's for the best. I mean, it's not like you can lose your connection with the Force. But I don't think that they could afford to lose you, General."

Anakin looked into his wife's hopeful eyes. He thought about her words. It would be nice to no longer have to lie to Ahsoka. But Ahsoka keep a secret? Not just a secret, but the very thing keeping his life together. The only thing keeping him sane.

Padmé smiled as she saw the changing expressions on Anakin's face as he inwardly battled with himself. Finally, he became serious and looked at her.

"Ok, we'll tell her tonight."

Author's Note: Yeah, I know it's short, but I'd really like to go to bed 😋 Goodnight!