Chapter Twenty Four

AN: I'm so sorry for taking so long to update! I'll try not to take so long next time! I love each and every comment and vote I get, and I am welcome to suggestions! May the Force be with you!

In the largest apartment in the 500 Republica, C-3P0 carried a tray of hot tea into the bedroom.

"Is there any other way I may be of service, Mistress Padmé?" asked the protocol droid.

"No, that will be all Threepio. Thank you for the tea; it smells delicious."
Padmé grimaced as she sat up in bed; the coarse bandages rubbed harshly against her wound.

"Very well, my lady," said the droid before hesitantly walking out of the room.

After finally being allowed to leave the medical facility, Padmé was immediately given orders to stay at home, preferably in bed, lest her stitches reopen. She had no bills to worry about, no votes to discuss, and no documents to sign. She had absolutely no responsibilities except to relax and take it easy.

She hated every second of it.

Padmé could scream in frustration. Lying here in her silken sheets, sipping tea, she had never felt more useless. She didn't want to relax. She wanted to end the war.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Threepio once again entered her room. This time, however, he brought in a very welcome guest, much to Padmé's delight.

"Ahsoka! You don't have any idea how glad I am to see you."

♦️

"Me? I'm the one that's glad to see you! Master sent me over here to check on you while he's on Felucia. He hates not being here, you know."

"I do know. But no matter how badly I wish Anakin was here with me, but he is needed elsewhere."

Ahsoka smiled, but stayed in the doorway to Padmé's bedroom. Just being in the senator's apartment felt awkward now; the bedroom felt like it should be forbidden.

Padmé laughed, as if she had just read Ahsoka's mind. "I know what you're thinking, Ahsoka. There's no need to feel uncomfortable. Please come in, I'm dying for some sort of company."

At this comment, Threepio huffed and exclaimed a loud "How rude!" before exiting the room.

"I think you hurt his feelings," laughed Ahsoka as she walked in.

"Don't worry, he'll forget all about it as soon as he sees that caf stain on the rug in the living room."

Ahsoka laughed but then became serious. "So, how are doing?"

"I'm fine. I've had better days, but I'm glad to still be in one piece." Padmé smiled warmly and took a sip of her tea.

Ahsoka smirked. "Great! So how are you really doing?"

Padmé stopped drinking mid-sip, and sighed. "You'd make a good politician, Ahsoka." She motioned towards the other side of the bed. "Please, sit."

Ahsoka walked up to the bed and looked down at it. "Is um-" she cleared her throat, "this where Master Skywalker sleeps?"

Padmé blushed. "Yes. It still feels so strange for someone to know about the two of us."

"Believe me, it's not just strange for you." The white markings on Ahsoka's face turned a sickly grey color in a Togruta blush.

After much hesitance, Ahsoka finally sat down next to Padmé. The senator told her all about how miserable she was having to lay low at home instead of working in the senate to end the war. They talked for hours about different things that neither could talk about with Anakin.

As much as Ahsoka loved being in the heat of battle with her master, she felt as though she loved these talks with his wife just as much.