Chapter Ten

Anakin finally managed to shoulder his way through the large crowd of people, after getting smothered with questions and comments about his so-called heroic acts and battle strategies. Why the people were always so interested in his own affairs, he would never understand.

He managed to spot Ahsoka through the mass of politicians. He approached her.

"Ahsoka, from now on, try to- Senator Amidala." Anakin bowed as soon as he saw her.

"General Skywalker."

Anakin looked at Padmé. She looked like a figment of his imagination. Her dress looked like it had been inspired by a Nubian sunset. It was modest, and not too tight-fitting, yet still showed her beautiful figure. Her hair was pulled back in a bun, with two wisps of curly brown hair hanging in the front. And her face, her face was enchanting. Her deep, chocolate brown eyes were looking at the floor, and she was biting her lip. He wanted to kiss her so badly.

But then he remembered last night's "discussion."

"H-how has your morning been?" Blast, could he be any less smooth?

"Fine, thank you." Her voice was stern, and she still wasn't looking at him.

"No death threats yet today?" Anakin joked.

At last Padmé looked at him, but her eyes were cold. "May I ask why you're here, General Skywalker?"

"If you must know, milady, I'm here to speak to Chancellor Palpatine. He's not busy, is he?"

Padmé looked disappointed. "No, he's in his office right now. I believe that he would enjoy a visit from you."

Anakin nodded. "Alright, I'm gonna go see him. Goodbye, Senator," he said with a voice filled with ice, but not without longing. He bowed and started toward the Chancellor's office.

"Wait!" Padmé immediately regretted her outburst, as people began to look their way. She cleared her throat. "General Skywalker, if you would be so kind as to stop by tonight, I have a... toaster that needs fixing, and I was wondering if you could take a look at it." She smiled sheepishly.

Anakin smiled back. "But of course, my lady." And with that, both Senator and Jedi went opposite directions, leaving Ahsoka in the middle of the hallway, closing her mouth tight to keep it from falling open.

Ok, well I guess I was wrong about those two. Not!