Part 6

"Hey miss, can I get your number?"

I froze, my thoughts were clearly everywhere and I don't think I can reply to this guy anytime.

The air got denser- colder, as the guy standing beside our table flashes me a beaming smile, and hopeful eyes.

I was about to open my mouth and tried to speak but no words came out. Come on karina, do it.

Come on karina, just reject the guy.

"I-" "It's rude to ask someone's dates number." I looked at winter, catching her scoff before looking at the guy sternly.

"Look, hindi ko alam- chill."

"Well ngayon alam mo na. Informed ka na, kaya alis na." I looked away, biting my cheeks trying to suppress my laughter.

"Ganito ugali ng ka-date mo? Payag ka non Ms?"

"She's right though, kanina hindi mo alam so she informed you. And now excuse us, we would like to eat peacefully." I answered back making the guy grunt before leaving us.

Me and winter's eyes met as I finally burst into laughter, "That was funny winter." I said clearly praising her.

"Alam ko."

"Chill, lumaki na ulo mo."

"Ikaw na nga tinulungan." I heard her bitterly say, "Thank you." I said shutting her up. Our food arrived, I ordered sushi while winter ordered pasta.

Me and winter talked about random stuffs, with no certain topic. She shared that she likes to eat snacks rather than meals, but I scolded her that it's important to prioritize eating meals.

She also mentioned na she's really close with Ning Yizhou, "Alam mo ba, si ning talaga yung nag pumilit na mag apply ako!"

"Oh really?" I asked, I ate my last piece of sushi before putting all my attention on her.

"Oo, nung una nga ayaw ko."

"And why's that?"

"Hindi ko bet yung CEO nila." Excuse me? I raised my brow, winter immediately raised her hand asking for me to let her explain.

"Yung rbf mo, tapos yung mga comments sayo ng tao." She explained, I know what she's trying to portray. I know that I have this rbf but those comments regarding on how I handle the company; that I'm really strict? That's because I only want the best.

"I understand, pero pinairal mo naman pagiging Marites mo."

"Hala hindi ah! Tsak-" "Hey Ms." Me and winter's eyes turned towards the guy who interrupted her.

I raised a brow before sighing. "What is it this time?" I asked in annoyance. "Gustong gusto ka kasi ng kaibigan k-" "Sorry, hindi ako pumapatol sa hotdogs. And please, tell your friend over there." I pointed at the guy earlier.

"What's his name?" I asked, "It's Yeonjun." I didn't quite catch the guy's name, being busy by the thought of me being irritated.

"Yeon what? I'm sorry I didn't quite catch that; but tell him to respect people's privacy and learn to accept rejection." I said.

Winter already finished her meal, I unconsciously grabbed her hand purposely interlocking them with mine.

I'm surprised they fit well- like they're meant for each other to hold, it's like 2 missing puzzle pieces finally back to where it originally belong.

We left the restaurant and payed for the bill, "Saan ka pupunta??" Winter asked, I quickly get my car keys from my pocket I didn't bother answering her.