Chapter 2

It's a wonderful day out in the shining sun. Stores opening, people talking about the latest news about their favorite artist, and birds just flying around. There's a certain coffee shop down the street, which always opens really early in the morning. The smell of freshly baked goods has been put in the display case, coffee being brewed and a line of customers waiting in line to take their order.

The lady behind the counter rang up someone's order and informed them when it'll be ready. The next person in line was about to order, but a certain someone barged in and ran straight to the counter.

His hand slammed the cold tile counter and slid something to her, as it revealed to be cash. "One black coffee please!"

"Huh? Sir, you need to wait in l-."

"I have no time to wait in line! Just get me the black coffee and I'll go, and I don't need the receipt!" He retorted and panted out of breath. The lady just rolled her eyes and walked to the other side and picked up a medium cup of coffee and handed it to him.

"You're lucky I always make black coffee just in case, that'll be 2.96, now go to work," she shooed him away and immediately took the coffee and ran out of the building, "Next!"

Bakugo exited the building and speed walked to a few buildings over. With his now black coffee in his hand, he headed to the building and started drinking some of it.

"Morning sunshine! Shouldn't you be at home?" Kaminari attempted to scare him by coming from behind and patted his shoulder.

"Shit, Dunce face, I almost spilled my coffee!" Bakugo glared at him and Kaminari retracted his hands from his shoulders and walked away from the menacing man walking in.

"Bakugo! What are you doing here? I thought you had the day off?" Kirishima went up to him and walked beside him.

"So did I, but the boss called me last night because he wanted to discuss about something with me."

"And then you leave?"

"No, I have to attend a bridal appointment. Of course, I get to go home afterwards!" He sarcastically replied and shouted at his friend's face.

"Okay... I'll see you next time tomorrow then?" He asked with his hand doing a finger gun as a way of saying 'see you later'.

"Whatever..." he grumbled and pressed the up button to the elevator. He entered it and waited for the door to close. His finger then trailed to the button panel and stopped at a number he knew all too well.

When the elevator reached his destination, he finished what was left of his coffee and threw it in the trash can. The floor that he was on was hectic and packed. Workers on the phone talking to some clients, a meeting in a room where people could literally see them. Let's not forget the ones who always rush to get their paperwork done. Bakugo moved out of the way quickly as he heard some footsteps from behind him.

He just shook his head and continued to walk to his boss's office. Bakugo first knocked on the door and heard a 'Come in'. His hand reached for the door knob and he closed the door behind him.

The man behind the desk was looking through some paperwork that needed to be finished and glanced up to see that his employee was coming and walking in. He sighed and set the paperwork down.

"Thank you for coming here today. I appreciate it."

Bakugo took a seat from one of the open chairs and sat down, "I'm only here because you want to tell me something. Clearly, it sounded important."

"That's because it is." His boss pushed himself from his seat and walked to the window that allowed him to see the landscape of the city. "A few months ago, someone reached out to me."