Chapter 4

After negotiating and coming to terms with Midoriya, Bakugo updated his boss as soon as Midoriya left the ice cream shop and headed back to work. Once he got the news about Bakugo's hiring. Enji called in everyone he knows for a meeting that's tomorrow afternoon.

Right now, Bakugo is in his apartment trying to figure out what to wear to the meeting that is supposed to be today. He's contemplated on choosing a dark orange dress shirt with a tie, but he seems to be drawn towards a dark maroon shirt with a bow tie.

His eyes darted over to each of the other shirts repeatedly and all of a sudden groaned out in frustration and sat down on the bed. Leaving him to lay down away from the shirts that are laid out on the bed. "Argh! I need to hurry or I'm gonna be late!" Suddenly, a meow interrupted his thoughts and he slowly turned his head towards a cat just sitting by the door way. "You! Pick my outfit out!"

Boombox yawned and then walked to the closet and looked up at an outfit that was completely different. Seeing how his cat just turned its head towards him, Bakugo pushed himself off the bed and picked out a third outfit that the cat picked out. A dark green with little black dots on it. He hesitated for a moment, but looked at the clock. "This'll have to do." He quickly took the dress shirt off the clothing hanger and buttoned up the shirt.

Making sure he had his keys and wallet, he looked around at the apartment one last time and left the building. He rushed down the stairs as he checked his phone for the time again. Stuffing his phone back in his pockets, "Dammit, I need to hurry!"

Bakugo manages to get in his car and starts it. Carefully he turned around and put the car in reverse to make sure he didn't get hit by anyone. After getting out of his parking spot, he slowly drove towards the gates and honked the security guard to let him go.

The only thing that's on Bakugo's mind is wondering if he'll make it to work on time. Will he?

-

Bakugo manages to and luckily finds a parking spot that's close to the building. He parallel parked his car and took his keys out from the ignition and got out of his car. He locks it and heads into the building. He enters the building and walks up to the receptionist's desk.

"Ah. Just in time, are you here for the meeting?" They asked while placing their free hand on the bottom of the phone, so they could talk to him.

"What do you think?"

"Mm. Love the sarcasm, Bakugo. Head to the elevator on the ninth floor and go towards the meeting room." They said and went back to what they were doing. Bakugo rolled his eyes and left the desk and headed for the elevator.

Bakugo pressed the button that leads up to the ninth floor and stepped back. The elevator doors were about to close up until a few familiar faces prevented it from closing. One of them noticed Bakugo waiting in the elevator. They grinned at him while the others were taking their breath from finally reaching the elevator. "Well, well, well, if it isn't Katsuki Bakugo. Late for work?" They teasingly asked with an arched eyebrow.

"Just shut up, Dunce face. I don't wanna talk about it." He scoffed and turned his attention away from him.

"Pfft! He's probably too chicken to admit it!" Sero grinned and whispered to Kaminari, purposefully making Bakugo overhear what he was saying.

Which, it most certainly did and he turned his gaze towards those two and had a menacing smile on his face. "Wanna run by that one more time?"

"Uh..." The elevator dinged. "Love to, but we have a meeting to attend to!" He replied and the two friends made a run for it.

The third friend, however, stayed behind with Bakugo and gave him a pat on the shoulder. "It's okay. We all are too chicken to face defeat. Have a nice day!" She exclaimed and skipped all the way across the other side of the floor.