Chapter 7

When the trip was finally over, it was back to wedding planning for everyone. Now that the air conditioner is back in shape and working again, people have felt so cooled off and relaxed, knowing that they don't have to suffer in the heat anymore.

Mina was at the studio as she watched Jiro and the band members practice for the reception. She was practicing some makeup techniques that the bride wants to look like and asked a band member or two to help her out.

"I'm sorry that I'm taking away your time during rehearsals." Mina apologetically said as the makeup brushed lightly on his cheeks.

"It's okay. Besides, I'd rather sit here and get makeup put on my face than sweating my ass off at rehearsals," he sighed while Mina closed one of his eyes, so she could put on some eye shadow. "So, what are you making?"

"Shut up, you'll make the wrinkles ruin my artwork. To answer your question, I'm trying to watch a tutorial on what she wants. It's too complex for me, so I'm trying to watch a tutorial to help me out."

"Psh! Pl-ease! How hard is it to do makeup? I have an older sister and she can do hers in ten minutes!" The guy reading his sheet music rolled his eyes and proudly stated. Mina stopped midway on what she was doing and with her mouth in a closed smile, she gritted her teeth a bit and resumed back to work.

****

"Ten minutes? He thinks it takes ten minutes to put on makeup?! I can for one confirm that it takes me thirty to forty minutes just to look this good! Doing one's makeup takes time and dedication, and it's a work of art. That girl probably was in a rush and had to put on what she can," Mina sighed as she leaned back in her chair, "I admire that she can still look good with little to no makeup. People say that natural beauty is the true beauty!"

"Uh... then what's the purpose with makeup?"

"Because, people feel confident when they wear makeup, and if some don't feel the same about it then that's fine, it's their decision and I'm cool with it."

****

Mina just finished putting on the eye shadow and added her final touch to her masterpiece. "Okay... all done! Do you wanna see?" The band member shook their head yes and she twirled the chair around that lets him see himself in front of the mirror.

"Whoa! I look so cool! This is way better than putting on white face paint."

"Hmm... yeah, but it's nothing compared to the makeup products I need. I need to think about the date, weather, and which makeup would best compliment her skin tone. Let's try a different one," Mina pondered as she scrolled through her tablet and swiped to the right for the bride's next photo reference. "Okay buddy, you're up!"

"Uh... on second thought, I better get to band practice, see-! Jiro!" The band member attempted to escape, but was stopped when Jiro stopped by.

"Oh hello! It's so good to see you helping out a dear old friend of mine! If you do this, you can go to band tryouts for an upcoming show!!" Jiro clapped her hands together and smiled only specifically at him. "You are going to help her, aren't you?"

"Uh..." he repeatedly nodded his head and rushed back to the chair he was previously sitting in. "Yes! I was just going to use th-the bathroom! You know before she starts the makeup process!"

Jiro playfully rolled her eyes and her thumb tapped on her phone and showed him what she was doing. "You have five minutes, and once this timer is done, you better be back here or else it's double time on extra band practice."

He timidly shook his head and instantly rushed out of the studio. Kaminari just arrived with the coffee orders that the girls asked for. He noticed the band member rushing upstairs and looked confusedly as he entered the studio.