Chapter 12

Nine years ago

This special ceremony would be the last time anyone would ever see each other again. After the remaining students had received their diplomas, the principal prepared a goodbye speech and everyone threw their hats up in the air as they celebrated.

A lot of people had groups of friends and came together for group pictures or selfies. Some of them were even couple selfies.

There was a trio of girls talking amongst themselves, talking and giggling in laughter over something they thought was funny. One of them checked their watches and sighed, "I better get going guys."

"Okay, but you're still coming to the slumber party, right?" The other girl asked.

"Mhm. I just need to have a word from my boyfriend. It's kind of important, heh." She nervously scratched the back of her neck and chuckled.

"Ooo, is Ochaco gonna ask Midoriya to take the next level?!"

"Or! Maybe you're proposing to him! That would be so awesome!" They exclaimed.

"Guys, it's not like that! Deku and I aren't planning to rush things!" Ochaco said in denial and had a flustered blush all over her face.

One of them groaned with disappointment, "When are you gonna start calling him by his first name instead of his nickname? Don't get me wrong, it's cute that you call him by his nickname, but it'd be even cuter if you said his first name."

That hit Uraraka for some reason. It's true that they've dated since sophomore year and they only called each other by their last names or nicknames. Why hasn't she called him by his first name?

"Hey, Uraraka! What are you doing out here all by yourself?"

"Wha? I'm not by...myself?" She turned around and found her friends had abandoned her. "Damn you."

"Um, are you feeling okay?" Midoriya asked with concern. His hand reached for her shoulder to face him, but Uraraka unknowingly moved his hand away from her.

She realized what she did and covered her mouth, "I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me!"

"It's okay. Don't apologize. Maybe you were just spooked or something."

'No... that's not it, Deku. I never realized this sooner, but-. I'm so sorry.' "Deku. I need to ask you something."

"Hm? Okay. What did you want to ask me?"

...

...

...

Uraraka held her head down and took a deep breath, she held her head up but her face had a sad expression written all over it. "Can we break up?"

-Present-

When Midoriya and Melissa walked away together, Uraraka smiled at them and sighed. Although, she noticed Bakugo standing there and by the look on his face, she could tell something was wrong. He started to walk away and she looked back at the soon to be wedded couple and saw Midoriya looking back at him with a guilty expression on his face.

She rushed up to Bakugo and managed to get with him at a very close distance, "Hey! What was that look you gave him for?!"

"Doesn't matter, Pink Cheeks," his pace quickened to get away from her, "Why didn't you tell me that you guys broke up?"

"And why do you care? It's not like we were very good friends back in high school. You were too focused on your career!"

"Yeah, and I just had to be the wedding planner to the one person I hate!" He spatted out and shouted in her face. "Just leave me alone, Pink Cheeks!"