Chapter 9

Don't play the song just yet!

With things running smoothly with the preparations, everything hasn't been all that hectic on the groom's part. As for the bride's, it mostly has been put on hold. Midoriya's fiancé still hasn't come back from her trip, which is putting a lot of things on hold for most people.

Midoriya did touch base with her a few days ago, and it was... how would he put it... he can't find the word for it.

Now taking place in his hotel room, he paces around in the room, awaiting for something anxiously. He keeps looking at the phone on the table while going left and right in his hotel room. Midoriya walked away for a moment and rushed back to that table. He groaned and slammed his head lightly on the table. "Come on, please call me back..."

Just as all hope was lost, the phone started ringing. He quickly pressed the call button and put the phone beside his ear, "Hello! Hey! How are you doing?"

"Izuku! I'm so happy to hear your voice again. Man, there's really bad reception in Africa. Heh."

"But, how did you get any signal? Aren't you in Kenya?"

"I was. We finally got to our goal and I plan on arriving back home in a few days. I'm in Paris right now."

"Really?" He sighed and kept the phone by his ear and sat down on the left side of his bed. "That's amazing. Hey, if you don't mind me asking, how was your trip to Africa?"

"Um, it was good. I met some wonderful kids and I'm glad the money gets to go to a good place. Especially since it's for helping these kids learn. I'm sure they're going to have bright futures!"

"I'm so proud of you. Oh! Do you have any photos?"

"Oh! Uh... yeah. They're in a scrapbook! I'm making a scrapbook. Hey! What do you think about getting married in Paris?"

Midoriya chuckled at her actions and shook his head, "Baby, we already talked about this. Besides, my side of the family can't afford a trip to Paris."

"Yeah, I know. But it's the city of love, romance, anything can happen!"

"I really don't want to have this conversation again. I still can't believe you're still on about Paris!" He spatted at the phone. "Our wedding is in about three months, and you haven't done a single thing to help out! I know you're busy with the charity, but you must've had some free time to help out."

"But I did! I called the seamstress about what color pink I wanted. Isn't that enough?"

"It's just one thing." A knock on the door could be heard from his room. "I don't want to have this discussion again. I'll see you in a few days, okay? You know I love you, right?"

"I love you, too... I better get going too. See you then." Call ended.

Midoriya tapped on his phone and put it aside from him. His hand reached for his hair as he combed through it and sighed to himself. The knock on the door became even louder than it was before, which made Midoriya quickly jump out of bed.

"Kacchan, I'm really not in the mood to-," he was about to tell what he thought was Bakugo to leave him alone, but it turned out to be someone else. "No way! No freaking way!"

"You better believe it, bud. Because your groomsmen have arrived!" They said as they busted in the room and more people started walking in and looking around. The last one to arrive turned out to be his best man.

"Shinso! Monoma! It's been so long since I've seen you guys, you too as well, Aoyama and Tokoyami!" He looked around and walked up to his other friends, "Hey, Ojiro. Shoji. Koda. It's good to see you guys as well."