Chapter 5

Twelve years ago

Before everything takes place in the future, everyone was still in high school and trying to figure out where to go to college and career path to follow. Lot of dilemmas to face in the future, but a certain little group isn't worrying at all about it.

The Bakusquad all sat together for some lunch and each took their seats, while some of them were heading towards the lunch line to get their food. Bakugo decides to head to the vending machine to get a juice box. He pushed himself off the chair and walked away from the table, his red headed friend noticed him walking away. "Bakugo, where are you going?"

"Going to get a juice box, I'll be right back," he yawned as he answered his friend's question. He rummaged through his pocket for his wallet and skimmed through it to make sure he has enough money for the vending machine.

He had to go outside of the cafeteria doors and walk towards a wall where there are a few vending machines that have some snacks and some refreshments. He headed towards a refreshment vending machine and fumbled in his wallet and got out a dollar and two quarters. As he inserts the money, he hears some guys walking up to the vending machines and starts talking. One of the guys was getting a snack, while the other was leaning on the wall beside the vending machine with his hands in his front pockets.

"Hey, have you heard?" One of them asks with a sly smile on their face.

The other guy looked at him and back at the machine to get his snack, "No, but please do tell what I haven't heard, my friend."

"Alright. So, do you happen to know who Midoriya is?"

"Huh? Mm... yeah he's a nice guy, we have Pre-cal together. Why do you ask?"

His friend was so excited to tell him, so he looked around and made sure no one was listening. But, he notices Bakugo was still there, so he waited until he walked away. Then there were only two of them. The friend sighed in relief and shook his head quickly. "Well, from what I heard from my sister's friend, band mate, choir friend's cousin, Midoriya had asked someone to go out with him!"

"What?! No way! With who? Who did he ask?!"

"I'm not too sure, but I've heard she has a really great and bubbly personality."

"Man, that's good for Midoriya. But, how is it a big deal? Doesn't everyone know?"

His friend shrugged his shoulders, "Well, no not really. I've only heard she told a few of her close friends, but it looks like Midoriya never mentioned that he has a girlfriend."

"Maybe he wanted to tell the team himself. How about we not tell everyone else about this and let them be, okay? They probably don't want to bring any attention towards them."

The friend sighed and nodded his head, "Yeah, you're probably right. Let's just go back to the cafeteria." He said as they made their way to the cafeteria.

However, someone was listening to their conversation. Bakugo got out of his hiding place with his juice box in hand. "Deku found a girlfriend? Wow, never pegged him for the ladies man type." He muttered to himself as he took one last sip of his juice box and threw it in the trash can.

Bakugo walked up to the cafeteria doors and entered it. The students are still talking amongst themselves, having simple or casual conversations, and minding their own business. He sees his group of friends throwing food at one another. He rolled his eyes and shook his head as he started heading towards the table.

As he made his way through, he heard a familiar voice by his left. "Are you sure you want to try my food?"

"Mhm! It looks really good!" The girl exclaimed, the guy who sat across from her made a soft smile. He uses his fork to get a smaller piece of the food. His hand hovered under the fork as he brought the little piece of food, but her hand took the handle of the fork and ate the piece of food. He looked confused as to why she did it, she chewed on the food and gulped down, "Sorry, it would make it look like we are a couple."