Chapter 18

Things haven't been really the same after the wedding was a complete disaster. Bakugo quit his job as a professional wedding planner and now decided to move in with his parents until he could figure something out. He had to leave everything but his essentials and Boombox.

He then worked at his family's convenience store as a side job. As for the reality show, however, the first season was such a huge success that it now has six seasons. Most have successful wedding seasons and the only one that was a disaster was the first season.

If he thought it was that bad, Bakugo had been given looks from strangers and they even made memes out of him. Not the good kind of memes. In order for the business to not go slow, he had to wear a mask in order for people to prevent from seeing him. That also made him wear a hat.

It's been six years since the show aired. Now, he's just bagging items for people who had bought something from the confidence store. "Here you go, that'll be $23.41. Would you like your receipt?" He asked as he handed the man his stuff in a paper bag.

"No, thank you." He waved his hand no and paid Bakugo as he left the store. Bakugo leaned forward on the counter and had his elbow on the counter to support his head as his hand held up his chin. Looking at how quiet the store is, no one's gonna stop by.

His mother and father were carrying boxes from the back to put some snacks on the shelves. They noticed their son was feeling down for some reason. "Mitsuki..."

"I know, Masaru." Mitsuki set the box down on the floor and pushed herself up as both her and Masaru headed over behind the counter. Stood by each other as they tried to see what they could do to cheer their son up. "Hey there... brat. How are we doing?"

"I'm fine..." he quietly said as a response.

"Son, you're not fine. You didn't talk back to your mother like your usual self. Other than that, something's beating you." His dad noticed while Mitsuki gave her husband a quick glare and then sympathetically looked back at her son.

Bakugo sighed to himself as he took a magazine off the rack and opened it up to a random page. "How did it all come to this?"

"That fact you let the best thing you could ever have got away. Now that one is the one that got away." Mitsuki pointed out and that made Masaru cough roughly and loudly. "I mean, Uh..."

"Old hag. You don't have to say anything." Bakugo pushed himself off the counter and leaned back on the wall behind him. "I was trying to do the right thing, and look where it got me."

Mitsuki felt a tap on her shoulder and glanced at the hand to find it to be from her husband's. She understood what he was trying to interpret. After leaving with a head nod, she went back to restocking some shelves.

He went over to where his son was and too leaned back on the wall, just standing next to each other in silence and both looking at the ceiling from afar on the other side.

"You know, I had a hard time trying to see if I really loved your mother." Masaru blurted out all of a sudden. That made his son turn to face him, and he responded to that head turn with a smile. "That got your attention."

"Tch. I can't imagine you having a hard time with the old hag."

"To be fair, your mother rushed into wanting to be in a relationship with someone. It always made me wonder why she would want to go out with me."

"You said you had a hard time if you really loved her, why did you say it like it was depressing." He remarked and shook his head. "I had a girlfriend back then. She was great and all, but I couldn't stop thinking about your mother."