Chapter 11

Don't play the song just yet!

Just as the plane finally landed, people had to wait for the go ahead to take off their seatbelts before getting off the plane. Once they heard a ringing in the intercom's, everyone started to get off and get their suitcases above them.

The woman was struggling with getting hers out of the carry-on. A man came up to her and helped her with the suitcase. She pulled up the handle and thanked the man as she left him alone.

Humming to herself, she felt relaxed and looked out the window, where she saw another flight that's going to Paris. Only catching a glimpse of it, she continued walking up to the gate and headed out of there. She looked up at the signs to look for baggage claim and went to the right. Dragging her rolling suitcase, she stopped by the baggage claim and waited for her other luggage to arrive.

Something tapped on her shoulder and she turned her head and saw that it was the same guy who helped her. He gave off a tiny smirk at her and said, "Hey there pretty lady? You look like you're waiting around for your luggage, do you need some help?"

The woman was a bit confused by the idea and looked at him as if it was a joke, "Are you sure you want to help me?"

"Of course. A lady like you shouldn't have to deal with waiting around at baggage claim!"

She arched her eyebrow at him and shrugged her shoulders, "Okay. If you say so. And to make things easier for you, they're all pink and gold." She told the guy and walked off.

As she exited the building, it was very windy and the wind almost blew her hat off, but her hand caught the hat to prevent it from flying away. She noticed a car in front of her and went up to it. Her hand stopped pulling the suitcase and set it aside. "Hi daddy!"

Someone came out of the car and they took off their sunglasses and had their arms out for her as she ran up to him and took her hat off while jumping into his arms. "Hey sweetie, I missed you."

"Me too."

Her father pulled away from her, "I brought some of your friends along for the ride."

The girl squealed and went to the back and opened the car door and found her friends in the car, "I thought you guys were at the country club! What are you doing here??"

"Girl, we came to pick up the bride after her trip to Africa then Paris and now you must be pretty tired."

"Forgive me for asking, but where's your luggage?"

"Oh, it's on its... way," her voice trailed off and looked back at the door and found the guy with a pile of suitcases and bags in his hands. "Thank you for doing that for me, I never would've gotten it myself."

The man dropped the luggage and panted out of breath, "That... was.. a.. hassle." He wiped the sweat off his forehead and caught a glimpse of the opened car and quickly fixed his hair. "Well, if it isn't my lucky day. Mind if I accompany you in that car?"

"Oh no, I don't think you would want to come with us. We're here for a wedding."

"Oh, I see. So, who's the lucky lady that's getting married?" He asked while still having his eyes on the girls.

That was when she showed her hand at him and let him see the ring she was wearing, "That would be me. I'm sorry if you didn't catch on, but you should always notice the details before making assumptions." She patted him on the head and went over to her bags and to the trunk. Her dad helped her as well and opened the trunk for her.