Chapter 36

The scent of apple pie wafted from the kitchen. Yu Pei held the ingredients in her hand and mechanically repeated the act of arranging the plate. Although her eyes were fixed on the plate, her brain was already wandering away from the sky. When she recovered, she realized that I have already placed a plate full of walnuts.

    "Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that you don't eat walnuts."

    Shang Miaoyuan next to him shook his head and said with a good temper: "It's okay, I'll just pick it out when I eat later, it's okay."

    The hot air in the grill is bubbling, and a ding sound reminds you that the preheating is over. Yu Pei sighed, put the baking tray in, and said, "We will make another one without walnuts in a while."

    Shang Miaoyuan quickly said: "Don't be so troublesome."

    "No trouble.".Yu Pei closed the door of the oven and wiped his hands. "In the past, it was forgotten when there were a lot of people. Now there are only two of us in this family who depend on each other. In this case, we don't care about each other's feelings. That shouldn't be the case."

    The wind chimes rang in the corridor, and the door creaked and was pushed open. Yu Pei was agitated, and shouted, "Peisong?" as he rushed out of the kitchen.

    "I'm sorry, Madam, it's me." It was one of the two guards outside the door. Seeing Yu Pei rushing out expectantly, his expression was very embarrassed. "It was the military lieutenant who told us that the marshal could finish his work at noon, so he can return. Eat at home, so you can rest assured, I was anxious for a while and forgot to ring the doorbell."

    Yu Pei hurriedly said: "It doesn't matter, I made a mistake. I will invite you to eat the apple pie I made by myself. Do you eat walnuts?"

.Xiaoqing in the living room jumped twice, pulling on Shang Miaoyuan's trousers, meaning that he wanted to go for a walk. Due to the accident a few days ago, it had not been able to go out for a long time.

    Yu Pei saw it and said, "It should be okay. Let me walk it."

    "I'll go." Shang Miaoyuan said, "You have a rest at home."

    "Then let's go together." She took off her apron, "All go out and relax. It's not normal to stay at home like this every day."

    Shang Miaoyuan said yes, the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law simply tidied up and took the dog out for a walk.

    At twelve noon, the dog barked a few times.

    Marshal Zhou, who hadn't been home for three days, returned, and Zhou Peiqing, who had been running around for many days, was behind him, but their expressions were heavy and they didn't have the joy of going home. .Zhou Zhiyuan seemed to be a few years old overnight, sitting on the shoe bench in the hallway, slowly taking off his army boots. Yu Pei wanted to come over to help him, but he waved his hand and refused.

    "Is it exhausted?" Yu Pei said, "I made apple pie."

    Marshal Zhou replied: "It's okay."

    The atmosphere was dull for a while, Zhou Peiqing's expression was not as calm as before, and there seemed to be some unspeakable secret hidden in it. Shang Miao pulled his sleeves far and asked, "Is the situation very complicated? Are they going to carry out raids?"

    Zhou Peiqing shook his head: "No, it's not the case."

    At the lunch table, only the sound of tableware colliding with cups and plates can be heard. Everyone was silent, and even the dogs were not as lively as usual, silently leaning on the mat to look at them.