Chapter 14

"Here."

I gave Beomgyu the bracelet that mommy gave me earlier. He looked at it and smiled and took it.

"Because I didn't know it was your birthday today so I couldn't buy a better gift."

"Hey, it's okay." he said.

"Ahm, Gyu."

"Hmm?"

"You are a special person in my life. You've managed to carve a special place in my heart, and I hope you have a special day. You deserve it."

I smiled to him.

"I am sending you an ocean of love. I hope your birthday is as cool as you are. Enjoy the day, and put your happy face on. Okay?"

He nodded.

"I can be hormonal at times and hard to bear with. But I am thankful because you stayed by me in the hardest times. Thanks for being here, and Happy Birthday."

"Thank you!"

"I admit you are the best boyfriend on some days — I mean best friend. My only desire is that I can make you the happiest man in the world. I love you to the moon and back."

"I love you too? I guess?" he chuckled.

"N-No! I-I mean I love you as a friend."

"Oh, is that so. Haha okay okay."

I took his hand and bracelet after I wore it on his hand.

"Why are you here? Maybe your guests are already looking for you."

"They mom and dad will take care of it."

I shrugged and took the picture and took a picture of him. He posed and I was surprised when he took it and put his arm around me and took a picture of the two of us. Then he looked at that. He smiled.

"I'm good at taking pictures!" he said. I laughed.

"Gyu, I'm really sorry that's all I gave you."

He looked at me. "It's okay," he smiled and held my hand. "Your existence in my life is already a gift for me."

+++

We have free time now and I'm heading to the rooftop. I was carrying my ear pods and novel book. I always go there because it's quiet there and you can really focus, especially when you study there. Add more nice breeze. Sometimes I sleep there.

When I arrived I heard the strum of a guitar. Then I heard a guy voice. He is singing. I peeked out and my eyes widened when I saw Beomgyu. He sat on the floor and leaned against the wall while singing.

I approached him and he stopped playing guitar when he saw me. I sat down next to him and looked at him.

"Why did you stop? I want to listen, you sing." I said. He shook her head and he started to strum his guitar.

"Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now. Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same."

Oh. When I was your man by Bruno Mars.

"When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down. 'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name."

Is he broken or what?

"It all just sounds like ooh, ooh, ooh, hoo. Mm, too young, too dumb to realize. That I should have bought you flowers. And held your hand."

I closes my eyes. His voice never fails to amaze me.

"Should have gave you all my hours. When I had the chance. Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance."

His voice is so calming. His voice is my favorite sound.

"Now my baby's dancing. But she's dancing with another man."

He strum few more chords and look at me.

"W-Why? Is there something wrong to my face?" I said. He chuckled at umiling.

"Nope, you look cute."

My eyes widened at what he said and my cheeks suddenly became hot. W-What was that? Y/N, what's happening? Hey, wake up!

He put his guitar next to him and leaned behind me. Why does he always do that? He always leans on me, his scent is always there.

I just ignored him and read a book. I was about to insert my ear pods when Beomgyu suddenly spoke.

"Y/N, I have a joke."

Here we go again.

"What?"

"Hear about the new restaurant called Karma? There’s no menu: You get what you deserve." he said and laughed out loud. I chuckled. Stupid.

"By the way, it's good we didn't have a fever when we took a shower in the rain. You know my mommy scolded me." he said. I shook and inserted the ear pods into my ear. He doesn't really run out of stories.

I just read and for a few moments I stared at a quote.

"When someone feels attracted to you, they typically smile, making direct eye contact, often with a slow glance away, but still holding the smile."

Oh. Gosh. Why do I feel like I was hit by this quote? I just shook my head and read again.

"What is love?" I read.

"If I know what love is, it is because of you."

My eyes widened when Beomgyu answered. I couldn't move at what he said. He's just kidding right? He loves me as a friend, right? It's really like that when you're friends. Maybe that's what he meant.

"Whatever." I said and rolled my eyes. He sat up and took one of my ear pods and put it in his ear. Then he leaned on my shoulder. He closed his eyes while listening to the song.

I couldn't help but stare at him. He is handsome even when sleeping. What? Handsome? No! This man is not handsome. What am I thinking?

"You have been captivated by my charms again." he teased again.

"No! You're so ugly!" I shouted at him.

"Ugly? But in your mind you are fantasizing about me! HAHAHAHA!"

His face was really thick. He will take care of his life. I got up and took my ear pods that were in his ear. He frowned at me.

"Are you leaving?"

"Yup."

"Wait!" he pulled the book I was holding and I joined so I fell on him. I fell on him while we were lying on the floor.

My eyes widened when we looked at each other. I was embarrassed because the strength of my heartbeat might have been heard him.

Forget the butterflies, I feel the whole zoo right now.