Chapter 24

"Y/N, are you going to do something later?"

Ria looked at me when she approached me holding her cellphone. She was still carrying a headset. I'm in the canteen now, eating with Sofia. I don't know where Beomgyu is now. He's gone all morning class. He might be absent today, but why?

"Where are you from, Ria?" Sofia asked.

"In cr, I'm practicing what Y/N and I will sing," she sat down in front of us. "Listen to this, I recorded my voice, its good."

"Of course your voice is good because you're in cr. They say that when you sing, the voice gets better." said Sofia. I nodded, is that so?

"True," Ria agreed. "Listen to my voice, you can really fall asleep when you hear it." she said confidently. We listened to that, I nodded while listening to hef voice. Her voice is beautiful, she seems to know how to sing.

"Y/N, are you free later?" Ria asked me again.

"Of course, why?"

"Let's practice, it's only two days and it's a music contest. The song you heard is what we're going to sing, do you know that song?"

"Haha yes, I'm free and I know the song."

"Looks like you're really preparing for the contest. I hope you win, goodluck girls." said Sofia and smiled.

"What's your crush update? He's not here today." Ria said and took food from Sofia's tray.

"I think he's absent today."

"There's an afternoon class, maybe he'll come in." I said.

"Hmm, I think."

After we ate we went back to the classroom. I thought Beomgyu was already in the afternoon class but he wasn't. I'm worried about why he's absent today.

The class ended quickly and I'm thankful because we only had one project and we didn't have an assignment yet. Ria and I said goodbye to Sofia because we were going home. Just like Ria said we practiced.
We went to an amusement park and practiced there.

"So lay now. Hear me all through the night. There's no teardrop..." Ria sang and I joined her right away because that was one of our plans.

"You can count on me tonight. Or I'll stay up with you..."

We sang Sleep Tonight by December Avenue. It's pretty easy for us to sing that and then Ria and I understand how to sing it.

When we finished singing the whole song, Ria and I rested first. We are drinking can juice now.

"It would be nice if someone played the guitar. Doesn't Beomgyu want to participate in the contest?" Ria looked at me. I just shrugged.

"He said he didn't want to."

Ria just nodded. After resting we practiced again. When we were wise and well we stopped. We were happy to go home because we were about to spend the night.

"Bye Y/N, be careful!"

I waved at her after I turned my back on her. I was just quietly walking home. I suddenly thought of Beomgyu. How is he now, why is he absent?

I decided to go to their house. I knew where that was so I immediately looked for a taxi. Fortunately, I got on quickly and got there quickly.

I sighed. I am now in front of their gate. I was hesitant whether I would enter or not. I just shook my head and rang the bell. It rang and after a while someone opened the gate. One woman, when she saw me she smiled at me. She looks like a housemate here because of the clothes she is wearing.

"Hi hija, can I know what your name is?" she asked calmly.

"A-Ahm, I'm Y/N, I'm Beomgyu's friend. Is he there?"

The woman nodded. "Yes, why? Do you need anything?"

"I just want to visit him. Can I? Is it okay with you?"

"Yes, come in!"

I entered. The woman guided me to Beomgyu's room. I didn't see his parents, maybe still worked. The woman also said that Beomgyu was in the room all day because he was sick. I'm always worried.

"Come in." she said with a smile.

I peeked. I saw Beomgyu lying behind me. He looked like he was sleeping because he didn't turn around. I closed the door and approached him.

I held him. I looked at his forehead, my eyes widened when I realized he was hot. He had a fever. I looked at his face and he was sleeping soundly. I looked at the small table by the side of his bed. I saw that there was a small basin there with only water and a white towel.

I took the towel and wiped his forehead. He felt that someone was holding him so he woke up. He was surprised to see me and he immediately sat down.

"Why are you here?" he asked wrinkled when he asked.

"I thought you were happy to see me. I feel like you don't want me here. Am I just leaving?"

Beomgyu immediately took my hand and smiled.

"As much as you say, I'm just asking why you're here." he motioned for me to sit beside him so I just did the same. I handed him water to drink, because he might be thirsty. He took it and drank it.

"Because I'm worried about you, you didn't say you were going to be absent today and then there's no reason why I came to you." I answered.

"Are you concerned about me? Yie." he was still teasing. I want to hit him now but he's sick so I'll only hit him when he's well.

"Yes, I'm concerned about you. Are you happy now?" I said reluctantly and stared at him. He just chuckled.

"Wipe you, you're so hot. Why do you still have a fever? What happened?"

"Maybe it was because it was yesterday. Didn't we get wet in the rain? So maybe I have a fever today."

I bent down and I bit my lower lip. I suddenly felt guilty, aish.

"I'm sorry,"

"Why are you sorry there. It's okay, it's not your fault. Don't be sorry."

"Beomgyu, let me take care of you until you recover."