16.

Everything was fine and Hayden couldn't be happier. He had his parents, he had his godparents, he had Draco as his well, not yet a legal lover but suitor. He would have ask Draco to be his mate when he knew Draco had feeling for him that night if he hadn't been warned by his father not to bee too cheap. He was Riddle. He should not accept someone's courtship easily. Especially Draco. His father actually had long accepted Draco as suitable match for him but he wouldn't let him got his way that easy, so his father, the father con, would give his son's suitor some task that had some level of difficulty. Courtship 101 by the Dark Lord. Hayden had to agree with him or he wouldn't give his blessings to him and Draco. What a father complex he had. Hayden could only shake his head helplessly when he remembered it.

Hayden didn't let his father has his way so. He was stubborn just like his mother. He didn't want his relationship being determined by other people. He wanted to choose his own mate without any intervention from anyone else.

Hayden knew his father's concern but he had his own judgement. He would not make any mistake. He knew what he had to do.

He tried to discuss this matter with his mother but he was too bias. Draco was his godson, his favourite, he would say yes to Draco for pursuing him, even more he would urge Draco to bond with him as soon as possible.

Hayden couldn't talk to Sirius either as his eccentric godfather had love and hate relationships with Malfoy. He would refuse to give his blessings that easily.

Remus wasn't an option either. The werewolf wouldn't let his cub leave the pack and become to other's pack. He would wail and turn hostile to Draco.

Hayden could only talk to Cissa. He told her about his concern. He wanted Draco to be his mate but he was afraid Draco would have his own fated mate when he received his creature inheritance. One of Hayden biggest fear.

Cissa gave him her reassurance that Draco would definitely chose him as his mate. She told him about the crush Draco had to him that made him blush hard. He was happy.

He thank Cissa for her encouragement and decided to enjoy the moment and not to think too much about the future. He had several months of freedom to love Draco before Draco's sixteen birthday. Before Draco to be someone else's mate.

Hayden wasn't optimistic person. He knew Draco loved him and he knew his family support him and Draco. But he wasn't sure whether Draco would choose him or not after he got his creature inheritance. He didn't want Draco to choose anyone else and he knew he had big fat chance to be with Draco, but his inferiority complex made him insecure, and his overthinking made him imagine negative things.

Talking about creature inheritance. Not all people in wizarding world had creature gene in their body. Only few wizards were gifted to have creature blood. Legend said that only superior blood could have creature gene in their blood. Creature inheritance wasn't that simple as people think. Not all human-nonhuman breeding could produce hybrid. Not all human-nonhuman relationships were long lasting and had happy ending. Many of them couldn't fit the difference. Some of them lose their life. Some lose their sanity.

This information Hayden got from the old journal his father had given to him. He discovered why he had creature blood in his veins. It was because his ancestors were creature. Non human creature. He wasn't human wizard. His father and his mother also weren't either. They're full non human breeding but had humanoid figure. They also had magic but their magic was different to wizard's magic. The core was different but they could have similar functions. Hayden hadn't known his ancestors weren't wizard as in human wizard until now. He read the content of the journal and had some enlightenment.

Hayden had new understanding about his lineages. He wondered if Draco had the same history. It should be yes. Draco's lineage was purer than his. Malfoy was even born from royal family. Noble. Hayden unconsciously licked his lips while thinking about Draco's royal blood line. His future mate was aristocrat and he couldn’t wait to spend his life with him.