Chapter 52

After the spring field trip, the time for midterms once again approached.

The students at First High were, in essence, very conscientious. Although they grumbled about why they had to once again take exams they didn't want to take, they all were well-aware that they'd have to put away their playfulness and study hard.

So, over the past few days, Zhang Ke switched from copying homework openly to copying homework guiltily.

He copied and copied and when he ran across something he didn't understand, he'd ask something like, "Che Ge, why did you choose C for this question?"

"C is the longest."

"......" Zhang was astonished. "Che Ge, so it turns out that, just like me, you depend on random guesses to answer problems? I never would have guessed."

Yin Che's way of answering this question really did rely on a random guess.

He usually selected which questions to answer correctly based on their difficulty, so his method of ​​solving multiple-choice questions was very flexible. In the whole class, probably only four or five people could answer that one, so based on his usual academic performance, this was a question that he shouldn't be able to answer correctly.

Jiang Yao had a rough idea of what he was doing. He grabbed the notebook and glanced at it, "Oh, this question, I can do it, I'll teach you."

As soon as he finished speaking, Zhang Ke was even more shocked, "You know how to do all these kinds of problems? Yao Ge, it can't be that you've been faking your grades, right?"

Jiang Yao smiled mysteriously, "What do you think?"

Zhang Ke replied, "How many little secrets do you have that we still don't know?"

"Morning, tongxue!" Wu GuoZhong, who had just entered the door, yelled out, jolting the desire to probe those little secrets right out of Zhang Ke's mind. He quickly slipped back to his seat after copying the last few answers.

During evening self-study, there was a violent storm outside the classroom window. After a bit, a heavy rain began to fall as thunder rumbled. The students who hadn't brought umbrellas had no choice but to run back to the dorm as fast as possible.

Even Jiang Yao, who checked the weather forecast every day, had also miscalculated this time, ending up soaked and drenched from head to toe. As soon as he entered the dorm, he hurried to take a hot shower. As he was drying his hair, he went next door and found Yin Che had also just washed up.

"The weather app was inaccurate today. This morning, it obviously said it would be a cloudy day."

"During this season, the weather is fickle, no one can predict——"

The night sky outside the balcony suddenly brightened, as a bolt of lightning pierced the sky.

Yin Che's voice trembled on the last word.

Jiang Yao snickered to himself and opened his arms wide, "Time for today's hug?"

Yin Che took a few steps towards him, then stopped, hesitating over whether to throw himself in his arms or not.

......it's a little humiliating.

Just then, another bolt of lightning struck and Jiang Yao quickly seized the moment and drew the frightened, stiff brat into his arms.

Since they had both just bathed, the two of them were covered with damp and the fresh scent of body wash.

Yin Che had changed his pajamas from his winter pair to his spring pair, which was thinner than before and which felt even more intimate and real. With him gathered up into his embrace, Jiang Yao could measure the circumference of his waist with his arms.