Chapter 72

His days in the hospital were incredibly boring, completely dry and dull. When Doctor Feng finally determined that his pheromone levels had stabilized, Yin Che didn't hesitate to apply for a discharge.

When he left the hospital room, there was a pile of little crumpled slips of paper on the bedside table.

After another weekend of rest at home, on Monday, he finally returned to school after a half month absence.

This week was the week of final exams.

He'd only informed the head teacher about returning to school, so when the other students walked into the classroom early in the morning, they were caught off guard when they saw there was an extra person in the seat that should've been vacant, all jumping in fright briefly.

The review assignment Zhang Ke had been worrying over the previous night hadn't been finished, so when he caught sight of him, it was like he caught sight of a life-saving straw¹. "Che Ge! You finally came back! I missed you to death!!"

"I haven't done my homework." Yin Che silenced him with a mere sentence.

"Ah...... No big deal...... I missed you just the same......" Zhang Ke said, but turned around to find someone else's homework to borrow.

In comparison, Guo ZhiXiong arrived late. He put his schoolbag away, then chuckled and said, "Che Ge, morning. I just delivered breakfast to my girl. If you ever aren't feeling well, I can bring some for you too, it's no trouble."

"No need, I......" Yin Che was halfway through his sentence when another person entered through the back door, his gaze just happening to run across him.

After being separated for so long, they were finally face-to-face.

Jiang Yao blinked in surprise, then quickly turned his head as if he were running away and sat in his single seat.

The classmates in Class 1 also weren't blind. Not long ago, the two of them had been practically inseparable, then suddenly they'd switched seats and pretended not to notice each other; there was obviously something being kept secret.

It's just that no one dared to ask, though everyone had the same inexplicable feeling: These two will always be able to reconcile.

Only the two people involved didn't feel that way.

A day passed and Yin Che and Jiang Yao didn't cross paths again a second time.

His seat was by the south window and Jiang Yao's was by the north window. There were only six people between them, but it felt like they were separated by a vast sea of ​​people.

Never to meet again.

-

Evening self-study:

The final exams would begin the next day, so the teachers from all the subjects hadn't assigned any homework. Some students were reviewing, some were reading novels, and some were simply sleeping on their desks. The classroom was quiet and calm.

Once the break between classes came, everything and everyone became active again.

Guo ZhiXiong had secretly brought his phone to the classroom and was chatting with his girl, saying that they were going to only study properly the next few days, with no dates, just simple chatting and encouraging each other. But still, while they were chatting, the topic somehow took a turn in a strange direction.

"Hey, Che Ge, my girl wants to ask if you have a partner or not."

Guo ZhiXiong's voice was loud, so basically all the rest of the students left in the room heard him. Before Yin Che could reply, Han Meng immediately asked with a vigilant tone, "Why is your girl asking about that? Does she have some intentions towards our Che Ge?"