TwentyOne

Brooke looked to Ella and sighed. She began twiddling her thumbs. "I don't even know how it started. I guess it was just one of those things," she mumbled.

Ella rolled her eyes. "I'm going to need a little more than that if you want me to keep my mouth shut Brooke. Come on. Please. Tell me why the hell you decided to sleep with your deputy head?"

"I don't know. He was there for me. And after everything, it's what I wanted. He looked out for me. And I appreciate that more," Brooke said.

"Do you love him?"

"I don't know. It's so soon. And all we've done is hook up. No feelings have ever been brought into it. Please Ella. You can't tell my dad. He will send me away. Please," Brooke sobbed.

"I don't know what I'm meant to do here Brooke. It's a mess. And you know it is. So please. What do you think I could do?"

Brooke shrugged. "You could tell my dad. Who could tell Mrs Mulgrew who could tell the LA and the governors. Resulting in him losing his job," she mumbled.

Ella nodded. "I have a lot of respect for Simon. Well I did have a lot of respect for him. But now? I don't. I want you to make the right choices in life. I never did. And I'm in a mess. I have a child with an older man and that older man is a jerk. I don't want you making the same mistakes as me," she said.

"I know. I just can't help myself with him. He makes me smile. With how much he's there for me," Brooke said.

Ella sighed. She looked at her. "I'll keep it quiet. For now."

"Thank you."

***
The next morning, Brooke went into school. Simon was there. He walked over to her. "Well?" He asked.

"My auntie won't say anything. She's going to keep it quiet for now. But she doesn't want you to hurt me," Brooke said.

Simon sighed in relief. He knew he was in the wrong for having an affair with Brooke. But he couldn't help himself. He thought she was worth it.

He looked at her. "We have to cool this off. Make it seem like we're not doing this anymore. Change my name in your phone. Start seeing someone else to take the suspicion off," Simon said.

Brooke nodded. She knew she and Simon were still going to see each other. But she also knew that it got so much more risky now and Brooke was scared.

***
Brooke was sitting in the common room. She smiled as Tom walked in. "Hey dad."

"Hey darling. You okay?"

Brooke nodded and sighed. She looked at him. "I'm sorry if I've been a little off lately. I just... I haven't felt myself. And I'm sorry," she said.

"Don't apologise darling. You're a teenager. You're bound to be having a hard time. But is everything okay now?"

Brooke nodded. She smiled and hugged her dad. "Everything is going to be more than fine. I promise you now," she said.

Tom smiled and nodded. He held his daughter close to him. Unaware of just how much Brooke's life was about to go downhill. And it wasn't going to be easy.