Fifteen

Brooke was blaming herself for what had happened to Mia. She felt like it was her fault her cousin had nearly died.

When she woke that morning, she walked downstairs and saw Ella. She smiled slightly. "Is Mia okay?" She asked.

Ella nodded. "Yeah she's fine. She's lapping up the attention from Max. He's bought her so many toys," she said.

Brooke sighed and nodded. "I'm so sorry for what happened. I was stupid to take my eye off her."

"It's okay. She's going to be okay. She's a tough cookie," Ella said as she pulled her niece into a hug.

Brooke smiled and nodded. The guilt was still eating her up. She felt so bad for what had happened.

***
Brooke went to school. She saw Simon standing with Sue. Brooke rolled her eyes and sighed. She looked up as Sue walked over. "Your aunt is back today. Little Mia is with her."

"I don't need you telling me."

Sue smiled. "Well. It's a shame you nearly let your cousin drown. She could have died and it would have been your fault."

Brooke glared. "Shut your mouth. You don't know anything about my family. Or my cousin. So just piss off."

***
Simon went after Brooke. He took hold of her arm and pulled her into an empty classroom. "What's all that about?" Simon asked as he looked at her.

"Your stupid wife. She is saying it's my fault Mia nearly died. It wasn't. It was your fault for distracting me," Brooke said.

Simon sighed and nodded. He pulled her into his arms and held her. "It'll be okay. I promise."

Brooke shook her head. She pulled away from him. "We actually can't do this. We really can't."

Simon frowned. "We can. We just have to keep it secret for now until we can come clean about us."

"No. Too many people will get hurt and I can't have that on my conscious," Brooke said.

It was killing her saying this. But she knew she had to end what she had with Simon before someone ended up hurt.

***
Ella saw Brooke sitting in the library. She walked in and smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked.

Brooke nodded. She looked at her aunt. "I'm just having a bad day."

"Wanna talk about it?"

Brooke sighed. "I was seeing someone. But I ended things. And now I feel so bad and like he didn't deserve it."

Ella nodded. "Give it a few days and talk to him babes. It's the only thing you can do," she told her.

Brooke shook her head. She just didn't know what to do. She knew that she wanted Simon. But she also knew that with everything going so wrong for her, she just didn't know what to do.

***
Brooke was sitting in Ella's house with Mia. Max walked in. "Hi Max."

"Hello Brooke. Has that little madam been good?"

Brooke nodded. "Yeah. Ella is just having a nap. She said she doesn't feel very well," she said. She was shocked to see Simon there.

***
Brooke looked up as Simon walked over to her. He sighed. "Maybe you were right. Us ending was for the best. But I promise, I won't ever stop wanting you."

Both of them unaware that they had been heard. But by who?